1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problem with Race On: redirected to desktop during racing

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Tim Meuris, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hi,

Since I installed Race On,
    The game often closes itself (no shutting off!!)
    but it minimalises itself so i get to see my desktop
    I just have to click it back on below
    and I can continue racing
    It's really frustrating cause when I get 'thrown back' into the game
    I often loose control over the car

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    Never had it with Race...

2. maybe disable antivirus when playing
    I noticed that it did once with me. I disabled the panda cloud antivirus one time and during the race never had problems with it anymore

3. This has happened to me a few times lately. Do you have msn running whils't you are racing? if so close it while you are racing

4. This has happened to me too also in GTL. Only started a week ago , after I suspect updating AVG to version 9

5. ah i have updated to AVG version 9 aswell

6. i used to have a similar problem, but found that it stopped if I just switched the game to running in windowed mode.

7. I've been having a few weird issues (not with Race On) since updating to AVG 9.

8. that must be it guys!

My brother just upgraded my avg to version 9!
    I installed Race on at the same time,
    I always thought it was the game...

Thnx a lot!!!

9. I have AVG 9 running here as well and never had any problems with it. (winxp pro sp3).

10. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

AVG 9 is known to have this problem. A friend had the same issue while playing L4D2. Uninstalled AVG9...problem solved

11. AVG 9 has a hot fix available in their support forums too which stops this.

CLICKY HERE!

Issue is AVG sometimes becomes the foreground app - they are hoping to release a corrective update shortly to distribute via usual update methods for now though, let me see if i can get the link

12. Thank you very much Keith.
    Havent had any problems with avg 9 yet but will install it anyway so i wont get any problems.

Thanks again!

13. Much appreciated Keith!!
    Installed it and never had an interruption again.:thanks:

14. I've had RaceOn and L4D2 bail to the desktop a few times as well, but i don't use AVG, I use Comodo instead.

What I've found is that if another program in the background produces a pop up (Windows Updater, Firewall Alert, Auto Updaters etc) it causes RO/L4D2 to become the background app and the pop up is the active window. I even get it if I plug my headset in whilst in game.

I've recently moved to Win7 and have a feeling that's something to do with it - I don't recall it ever happening on XP.

15. yeah - pop ups will do this. real pain though with the AVG9 - there was no pop up. you just sat there looking at your desktop going...ummm what now? :)

(also hearing the revs drop on your cars... usually followed by some slamming sounds)

glad could help though.

16. I have same probl... don´t know if i have avg9 installed?? what is that "avg9")

17. it's a virus scan

18. okey.. thanks, don´t have that program, but still gtr/evo whit Race on minimalises itself so i get to see my desktop. And I just click on it and continue play..... ore crash in to a wall:beat-up:

This did not happen before i installed Race on. hmm... What is the problem..:confused2::confused2:

19. what other apps do you have running while playing race on?

20. off course its a program who desturbes Race on. I´ll try to figure that out.

But what i mean is .. it must not be Avg9 who is the killer all time. Iff I come upp whit an answer i tell.