problem with Fanatec Forza wheel

I just downloaded AC a few days ago but am having serious issues with my wheel. I'm running the Fanatec Forza CSR and CSR elite pedals, both of which work perfectly well in the other sims I play (mostly iRacing and RBR, but they also worked fine with the GSC2013 demo). The wheel doesn't work with AC, however. This is what happens:

I start a practice session and drive around the track. After a lap or so, I notice input lag, where I'll turn the wheel and the game won't register the action until a half-second later. The lag time grows until it takes more than a second for the action to register, and then the wheel disconnects completely. The only way to get it working again is to turn it off and on, then re-calibrate everything.

I thought about updating the driver, but Fanatec warns to only update the driver if you update the firmware (and that you should only update the firmware as a last resort, since doing so voids your warranty and can screw up your wheel if not done right). I'm hesitant to update the firmware, since the wheel works fine with everything else I play.

Anyone else run into this problem or have a possible solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the same wheel and pedal combo, I haven't had any trouble with the wheel the pedals can be a bit temperamental and require the odd disconnect and reconnect but it's a rare enough problem not to bother me too much.

but Fanatec warns to only update the driver if you update the firmware (and that you should only update the firmware as a last resort, since doing so voids your warranty and can screw up your wheel if not done right).
Do they? I didn't notice that warning.

The only warning I noted was that you shouldn't update to the latest driver unless you update the firmware first. I did that as the fan was running constantly on my wheel and started to develop a rattle. After the update the fan rarely runs but the forces aren't nearly as strong as they used to be. I don't know if it's better or worse now, I think it's better just not as strong, before updating the firmware the forces could be extremely high and I wondered if it was too much for the wheel.

Thanks for the response. The warning about the firmware doesn't appear on Fanatec's website; it's in the instruction manual that's included in the firmware download. Seems as though most people are updating the firmware without any problems, so I'm going to try it and see if it solves the issue.

Firmware does not void your warranty..... But the warranty does not cover damages due to incorrectly installed firmware.

And on a separate note: I want to get rid of my CSR as soon as I possibly can...3 years, and it's feeling pretty crappy now :(

While we are completely off topic.... I recommend anyone interested in buying the CSW to check out the bundle with base, GT and Formula rim. It'll cost you as much as buying each part seperatly but what you gain by buying the bundle is the premium support package for free!

Make sure no other application is taking the focus away from Assetto Corsa, do you have anything in Windows Event viewer at the time of the wheel disconnects?

Do you run any Autodesk products?

None of the above. However, I did finally bite the bullet and update the firmware. I have no issues now, so I can finally get into the fun of driving this game. Thus far, I've only really tried the Lotus 125, but it's a blast to drive.

Probably the GT rim first. I'll save for the F rim though. :)

That rim is sexy as hell.

OP. I have the Fanatec CSR wheel with the standard CSR pedal set (modded) and I don't have the problem you were having. However I think due to overheating, sometimes I hear a "click" and the FFB turns off so the wheel just becomes loose. So now I just have the fan turned on 100% of the time.

So if your FFB stops suddenly its probably a overheating issue. Hope you are having a blast with the wheel, but If you consider that the rim's plastic bits feel cheap, I bought some bike grip and taped over the plastic sections and it feels great.

I've been happy with it so far, but I want to move onto something better such as a T500RS or CSW as I work full time now (part time when I got the CSR). Only problem is the CSW + GT2 rim along with the V2 pedals costs ~$1250AUD while the T500RS is ~$600.

Uhh decisions decisions...would the build quality be worth the extra $650?

OP. I have the Fanatec CSR wheel with the standard CSR pedal set (modded) and I don't have the problem you were having. However I think due to overheating, sometimes I hear a "click" and the FFB turns off so the wheel just becomes loose. So now I just have the fan turned on 100% of the time.

So if your FFB stops suddenly its probably a overheating issue. Hope you are having a blast with the wheel, but If you consider that the rim's plastic bits feel cheap, I bought some bike grip and taped over the plastic sections and it feels great.

I've been happy with it so far, but I want to move onto something better such as a T500RS or CSW as I work full time now (part time when I got the CSR). Only problem is the CSW + GT2 rim along with the V2 pedals costs ~$1250AUD while the T500RS is ~$600.

Uhh decisions decisions...would the build quality be worth the extra $650?

Harry, thanks for the info. It wasn't the FFB that was cutting out; the wheel was just disconnecting, which I know now was due to the outdated firmware and driver. I've since updated both, and the wheel works great with AC.

T500RS vs CSW...that is a tough choice, isn't it? I've been eyeing the clubsport base and formula rim combo, but I think I'm just going to go all in and buy an Accuforce wheel when it comes out. The only question is, how to sneak it by the wife? Suggestions welcome:D

Harry, thanks for the info. It wasn't the FFB that was cutting out; the wheel was just disconnecting, which I know now was due to the outdated firmware and driver. I've since updated both, and the wheel works great with AC.

T500RS vs CSW...that is a tough choice, isn't it? I've been eyeing the clubsport base and formula rim combo, but I think I'm just going to go all in and buy an Accuforce wheel when it comes out. The only question is, how to sneak it by the wife? Suggestions welcome:D
Nope......CSW all the way....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back