Problem with chat when online racing. Always types letter "N" constantly.

No matter what i do, when i'm online with AC/ content manager i cant use chat. It always types the letter n over and over when i click to type. I have even changed to a brand new gaming pc with new keyboard etc, didnt solve it. Even if i pull the keyboard out, it's still typing nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. This is driving me nuts lol. If i have a race open in background and i go to google, it's typing nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Update: When i put the g27 shifter in reverse, and press brake on crp pedals, it stops the nnnnnn and lets me type!? lol. Weird but i can use it at least, just not when driving.

Last edited:
Freaky. What remained the same when you changed to a new PC? Perhaps the wheel, or game controller? If so, I'd be looking hard at that as the culprit. If you carried over your settings folders, maybe they are messed up somehow.

Freaky. What remained the same when you changed to a new PC? Perhaps the wheel, or game controller? If so, I'd be looking hard at that as the culprit. If you carried over your settings folders, maybe they are messed up somehow.
I've changed everything, new moza r9 wheel and crp pedals along with gaming pc. I've been through settings,cant see a problem :( People think i'm nuts, i always reply to msg's with nnnnnnnnnnnnn lol. It's frustrating to say the least lol.

Did you keep the keyboard with the new PC ? especially for your rig.
If so and if you use this keyboard only for the rig, there might be a problem with this N letter key remaining in contact.... if there's no other shortcut using this N and no other use for this keyboard... it might have remained unnoticed.

It sounds like a peripheral is generating a constant output (like a MIDI controller would) that is then being interpretted by CM as an ASCII input (i.e. the letter 'N').

Do you get the same issue if you launch AC through the Kunos launcher? If not, then I would look at the key bindings within your CM controller settings.

Did you keep the keyboard with the new PC ? especially for your rig.
If so and if you use this keyboard only for the rig, there might be a problem with this N letter key remaining in contact.... if there's no other shortcut using this N and no other use for this keyboard... it might have remained unnoticed.
Been through about 5 keyboards since this problem began , i've been living with this for many yrs lol. Normally wouldn't bother me, but im getting into places where i need it now to comunicate with others.

It sounds like a peripheral is generating a constant output (like a MIDI controller would) that is then being interpretted by CM as an ASCII input (i.e. the letter 'N').

Do you get the same issue if you launch AC through the Kunos launcher? If not, then I would look at the key bindings within your CM controller settings.
It's been many yrs since the kunos launcher has been used, i'll give it another go here. Tried it other day and it was still loading cars after 10 mins and i gave up. I have far too many downloads lol. I've looked through key bindings, cant spot anything, or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. Unless there's a box somewhere that says type n all the time i dunno what im looking for

OK, if the hardware of the PC is all new, then I have to ask: did you carry across the AC installation from the old PC?
If not, twilight zone...
If yes, I have to assume that something is messed up or corrupted in that installation.

Original wouldn't load, stuck on loading the cars. I have over 1500 lol. Just found something odd but helpful. When i brake, the nnnnnn stops! Then if i rev the car the letters come out all different like hjfhrjhgu lol. This gives me something to work with at least.

OK, if the hardware of the PC is all new, then I have to ask: did you carry across the AC installation from the old PC?
If not, twilight zone...
If yes, I have to assume that something is messed up or corrupted in that inst
All new installs of ac and cm, only copied cars and tracks over. It's twilight zone alright lol. It's been useable since i worked out with car in reverse and foot on brake it stops the nnnnn and i can type :) God only knows why. Had 1st day yesterday of chatting to other drivers in yrs! Definitely still not ideal, very awkward infact but much better fun

All new installs of ac and cm, only copied cars and tracks over. It's twilight zone alright lol. It's been useable since i worked out with car in reverse and foot on brake it stops the nnnnn and i can type :) God only knows why. Had 1st day yesterday of chatting to other drivers in yrs! Definitely still not ideal, very awkward infact but much better fun
Well, glad you have a workaround at least. I do reckon that @Fat-Alfie's idea to try the vanilla launcher was a good one. If you have too many cars then you could temporarily move a bunch or thousand of them elsewhere ;)

Well, glad you have a workaround at least. I do reckon that @Fat-Alfie's idea to try the vanilla launcher was a good one. If you have too many cars then you could temporarily move a bunch or thousand of them elsewhere ;)
I'll maybe try and get the content files temporarily back to original kunos spec and see how it goes. I'll see how long it takes till i get pissed off with this work around. Won't be long, because my brake pedal is not fun to hold flat to the floor while typing long msgs lol.

Just temporarily move 95% of your car and track mods to another folder and then launch AC with the vanilla launcher to see if it's CM causing the problem.

If it is CM that's the problem, launch AC with CM but with CSP disabled. If that works fine, turn on each of the CSP modules one by one until you get the 'typing' issue back.

Just temporarily move 95% of your car and track mods to another folder and then launch AC with the vanilla launcher to see if it's CM causing the problem.

If it is CM that's the problem, launch AC with CM but with CSP disabled. If that works fine, turn on each of the CSP modules one by one until you get the 'typing' issue back.
I will definitely try that. Would love it 100% fixed. Be really nice to type while diving. Very addicted to racing on Shutoko at the mo, been much better with communication between drivers. Thanks for the advice. I'll update when i try it out later, for now Shutoko is calling me lol

Is it only in game that you get letters or will it happen with notepad open or something?
Only if im in a race. With Ac/cm just sitting open at menu it works fine, all typing normal in game and out, only when on track with chat open it seems to want to use the pedals as keys lol. If im on track, and i window out to a google page or notepad , its typing nnnnnnnnnnn. Somehow it is linking keys and pedals, and i cant see why.New pc, keys, pedals, AC, CM, havent solved, so its a mystery lol. Still have to try clearing out the content folder to original and use kunos launcher, but glued to racing all day here lol

No, had some game emulators installed though, tried removing, didnt help. I sorted my content files and used the Kunos launcher this morning, exactly the same problem still . I seen a guy yesterday in a race with the same issue. His msgs were all nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn also lol.
LOL!! That was just me messing with you. Trying to get you to follow me but then I realized I couldnt follow you.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea