Pro-Sim H pattern shifter.

RCHeliguy

Premium
I almost pulled the trigger yesterday.

My only real complaint with the Fanatec CS 1.5 shifter is that I can't tighten the self center spring. I get over exuberant and go from 2nd to 5th sometimes.

However I understand the Pro-sim feels a lot better in most ways in addition to having fully adjustable center spring tension and engagement tension.

Does anyone have first hand experience comparing them?

I've seen Barry's review in Sim Racing Garage on YouTube. He seems pretty enthusiastic about it.

You noticed they are finally selling the matching sequential too right? Pieces of art but too rich for my blood, I just ordered my symsynchro from Frex thanks to VR Closet.

I love my ProSim H-pattern shift which I use, but I very very rarely use my HE sequential shift. It works well enough, but I pulled it off my rig for about 6 months and didn't miss it. I recently put it back on just for completeness, but I have yet to actually use it since I did.

I find I'm either using my paddle shifters or the H pattern the VAST majority of the time.

I am very interested in this hydraulic lockout, but the fact it uses fluid and that they have had issues with overheating makes me think that I won't be one of the first kids on the block rushing to buy one. I want to hear how well it is received before I get on the waiting list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love my ProSim H-pattern shift which I use, but I very very rarely use my HE sequential shift. It works well enough, but I pulled it off my rig for about 6 months and didn't miss it. I recently put it back on just for completeness, but I have yet to actually use it since I did.

I find I'm either using my paddle shifters or the H pattern the VAST majority of the time.

I am very interested in this hydraulic lockout, but the fact it uses fluid and that they have had issues with overheating makes me think that I won't be one of the first kids on the block rushing to buy one. I want to hear how well it is received before I get on the waiting list.
I'm matching shifter to what I'm driving.:)
But yeah, really interesting to see how Pro-sim's Simsynchro will work, I'm liking the idea of being able to rev match without clutch for cars that have that, something that isn't possible on the Frex.
But one other concern I have with the Prosim one is how big they are making that thing.. :confused:

Upvote 0
I'm not finding that the size is an issue for the H-pattern shift.

However I have my sequential shift back on my rig, but in a small space and considering I rarely use it, that's fine.

ShiftersHandBrake_5983.jpg

Upvote 0
Firstly you can take of the elongation for the gear lever which cuts the throw in half.

Secondly, as it is now the throw looks quite similar to the OEM shifter in my (cheap) sportscar.
Thats why i mounted a short shifter ;)
( That and that i don´t "miss third" anymore when shifting "in a hurry" )

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I love this shifter. I also have a longer throw and it's just fantastically fun. Running this shifter with all the AC Legends cars is more fun than I've had in a long time.
I have been learning heel-toe and it's just a blast.

Upvote 0
The best thing I did to my Pro-Sim Shift was REMOVE THAT DAMN EXTENTION!

It feels soo much better without it.

The next thing that helped was getting a heavy shift knob for it. That smoothed out a bit of the mechanical nature of the shift and right now I can't imagine it feeling better, but I'm still looking forward to the lockout unit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They announced two versions of the lockout, a side mount as they showed originally and a new top mount if your installation requires it.

I'm on the wait list for the original unit since my HE handbrake is directly above it. So much for patience.

ProSim1.jpg
top-mount-lock.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not finding that the size is an issue for the H-pattern shift.

However I have my sequential shift back on my rig, but in a small space and considering I rarely use it, that's fine.

View attachment 441788
do you have any other pictures of how you mounted this? I have a similar mount with 80x40 in a T shape, with all of it being skinny side up, I was trying to figure out how best to mount it. Do you have extra profile on the sides for the width of the base unit, or are you using 90degree corner brackets? I ordered one 2nd hand will be here in a few days, super excited.

I may have to mount it off to the right of my top bar, was thinking to use some of the 40x40 profile I have to extend out to the right of the top bar and lay it on top of that. Maybe I can get away with the left side mounted to top bar, and right side on the extended profile. I'll probably also have to cut that vertical bar down shorter to lower the shifter overall. I'd be curious to see yours from the bottom.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210324_220202.jpg
    20210324_220202.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
@slikk66 These should help.
The first is simple and just requires a couple short runs of 40x40 profile and some corner braces. The second is after I made a custom aluminum plate for it.

I prefer my stick rotated a bit clockwise to line up better ergonomically. This would be simpler if you mount it straight back. Then you could use identical lengths of 40x40 and put both left bolts into the channel of the 80x40.

This was my original Pro-Sim mount. It worked well and was perfectly stiff.
The only reason I made a custom plate was for cosmetic reasons.
oldHmount_4936.jpg

oldHmount_4932.jpg

oldHmount_4933.jpg

Then I fabricated a plate for it.
platedone_4951.jpg

plateInstalled_4957.jpg

newHmount_4959.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That plate is awesome :geek:

Thank you so much for posting these. I hadn't really though about angling it like that, but it makes sense, I'll keep it in mind when I set mine up. My rig is slimmer than yours (gt1evo, wish I had got the p1x) so I'll probably do something similar to your old mount, probably with the closest left mount point on the top bar, and then I'll cut some of my extra 40x40 similar to what you have there.

These really help, appreciate it!

Just saw the recent updates on this thread about the lockout possibly coming sooner than later, that's great news, I'd love to try that also. I'm a huge manual driving fan IRL and I've been so disappointed in sim racing with it. Hopefully this prosim setup will help make it more fun. Do you know if you need special pedals to use that upcoming lockout feature? I have protosimtech PT2s (batch8) at the moment.

Upvote 0
Glad to help!

At first I was excited that I could work with aluminum. Now I just see a few drilled holes in a sheet of aluminum. It's easy jaded by things quickly.

Pro-Sim is talking about having the first batch of lockouts ready in June for the lockout. I had my name in 2 hours after Pro-Sim posted about it on FB :)

Upvote 0
First few sessions today, this thing is pretty great. I've only ever tried my old g25 shifter and the Fanatec 1.5, but they both felt disappointing and the Fanatec was so unreliable that I often avoided using it. This thing you definitely don't need to worry about it misshifting, feels awesome. Makes the manuals fun to drive again (just wish there were more!) It's probably not worth the $1200 I paid for it, but I imagine the resale will be about the same so why not. Attached my final mounting pic.

Attachments

• 20210328_110855.jpg
    20210328_110855.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back