Prisoned by framerates

I'm a bit shocked that how much the framerate counts.
I have a five year old laptop with i3 and HD4000, so PP filters and AA is something out of this world for me. Set everything to the absolute minimum with world detail minimum, reflections, smoke OFF, still framerate is between 12 and 18. Plus offline races only with max 4-5 opponents, otherwise the CPU warning is my best friend.
I've tried to set the resolution to 1366x786 or lower but then AC runs in a box.
I was curious so I gave it a try and went to the track anyway with lower resolution.
The framerate jumped :D :D :D to 30 - 38 immediately. What a huge improvement.
But still, I was shocked that for the first try I managed to beat my old record on Spa with Cayman GT4 Clubsport with three!!!! seconds. Three seconds! And I've done approx. 100 laps before and only tenth of seconds I managed to get better.
But I just cannot play in 12'' so I have to buy an other computer but dunno how.
Maybe a robbery would do the thing.
Hey, anyone needs a kidney? C' mon take a chance!
:D

Last edited:
I have an i3 3220 desktop with an AMD HD 7770 (not the worlds fastest by a long shot), 8gb ram and it runs quite well, 58fps AC benchmark test, I had a much lower spec video card and it ran like a snail, so it's the GPU that's really holding you back. Check out this comparison between the inbuilt HD 4000 and the HD 7770 video card.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz-vs-AMD-HD-7770/m7653vsm7710

So if you want decent performance on a tight budget pick up a cheap used desktop, preferably an i5, 8gb ram and then get a decent used video card like an RX 560 at least. Of course the skies the limit with performance video cards, the good thing is though that used ones that are not the latest and greatest but still perform well can be had for a fraction of new price, so unless you have loads of cash it's the cheapest way to go. My used HD 7770 cost me $60.00 two years ago and still going strong.

Last edited:
I have an i3 3220 desktop with an AMD HD 7770 (not the worlds fastest by a long shot), 8gb ram and it runs quite well, 58fps AC benchmark test, I had a much lower spec video card and it ran like a snail, so it's the GPU that's really holding you back. Check out this comparison between the inbuilt HD 4000 and the HD 7770 video card.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz-vs-AMD-HD-7770/m7653vsm7710

So if you want decent performance on a tight budget pick up a cheap used desktop, preferably an i5, 8gb ram and then get a decent used video card like an RX 560 at least. Of course the skies the limit with performance video cards, the good thing is though that used ones that are not the latest and greatest but still perform well can be had for a fraction of new price, so unless you have loads of cash it's the cheapest way to go. My used HD 7770 cost me $60.00 two years ago and still going strong.
Thank you for the reply and for advices.

Im using a 1050ti with an i7 960 ( no over clocking ) and i can run pcars 1 and Assetto Corsa maxed out with very decent fps 60+. The 1050ti is a very good budget card and the price has not been effected by the crypto currency boom.

I can also play games like Doom and GTA5 with no issues on very high/high mixed settings with 60+ fps.

If you are looking for a budget gpu the 1050ti is a worthy upgrade as you wont need any extra power from your power supply as it uses the power from the pci-e slot.

You dont need highend hardware to run the game at good framerates.
I'm running an 5 year old pc with intel i5 3450, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx770 and i get locked 120fps at full hd resolution. All mid class hardware that is serval years old.

You dont need highend hardware to run the game at good framerates.
I'm running an 5 year old pc with intel i5 3450, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx770 and i get locked 120fps at full hd resolution. All mid class hardware that is serval years old.
Man the 770 is not a mid class hardware. Yes it's old now, but it was a great gpu and only second to the 780 (ignore the ti).

Im using a 1050ti with an i7 960 ( no over clocking ) and i can run pcars 1 and Assetto Corsa maxed out with very decent fps 60+. The 1050ti is a very good budget card and the price has not been effected by the crypto currency boom.

I can also play games like Doom and GTA5 with no issues on very high/high mixed settings with 60+ fps.

If you are looking for a budget gpu the 1050ti is a worthy upgrade as you wont need any extra power from your power supply as it uses the power from the pci-e slot.
This system is a bargain...i guess.
:laugh::rolleyes:

the system is pretty old now and only using it as my gaming lappy had an issue and waiting for a refund on it so i can buy some nice hardware :)

The old socket 1366 motherboard is worth more used than the 1050ti new :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back