1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Preview video of iRacing MX-5 Cup car

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Kevin Watts, Oct 18, 2010.

1. iRacing has posted a new video on Youtube for the MX-5 Cup car which is coming to iRacing in November. As anyone who has driven one of these cars will tell you its a fun car to drive! The car will be free to existing subscribers and form part of the base package subscribers get when signing up to this online racing sim.

2. Great video! I know everyone including myself is waiting for the Williams F1 car. But I have a feeling that the MX-5 is gonna be a blast to drive in close quarters as well. Can't wait for this one too!

3. Yes most of the talk and excitement is around the Williams FW31 but I'm really looking forward to driving this one. Its a hell of a fun car to drive.

4. Yep, after racing a complete season in the Mustang Cup (well 11 out of 12 weeks up to now) I already know what I'm going to drive next season.. this one :)

5. I think I'm going to commit to the star mazda next season. I hit almost all the skip and spec ford races, some of the mustang, star mazda, and corvette this season. I plan on hitting a lot of the miata next season since I own one and know they can be fun. Looks like they were running at brands hatch so hopefully the series will include more tracks then the other rookie series see. And of course I will be getting the Williams.

6. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

To be honest I'm not really looking forward to driving the Williams because I am more than suspicious that 90% of the iRacers won't be able to handle it.

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

LOL, chance to grab those iRating n SR points ;)

I am well happy its free this Mazda car, Looks like its Spa only left in the wishlist this year. I have already pre ordered Williams.

8. Apparently its actually quite easy to drive. I think the biggest issue will be the really short braking distances and trying to follow other cars through corners as you'll lose all the downforce.

The MX-5 shouldn't have any of those issues so the racing should be close and fun.