1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prevent rolling back your rolling chair

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Richard Bunschoten, Apr 23, 2009.

1. i had seen a post before, where somebody build a plateau for his pedals.
    Then he could set the wheels of his desk chair behind some wooden thingies...
    i belief it was Lee but not sure though....

who knows where to find this post? , it had some pics of the construction ...

i have a hard floor now , and my chair keeps sliding back ... :(
  2. I have a hardwood floor also. I put down a small rug and took the wheels off my chair lol :)
  3. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Yep, Carpet and the wheels of did it for me! Tho if I move my chair now I have horrid round circles embeded in my carpet now!
  4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

My cockpit area if I can call it that has a carpet which holds the slick tyres attached to the chair without moving about.
  5. block two weels with socks workes like a charm for me
  6. i just rolled out a piece of carpet i still had, and removed the wheels ...
    though my wife aint happy with the carpet hehe ...

i'll go looking for some rubbers instead for the wheels , but for now i can burn some rubber ,, uh carpet , uh ...
  7. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Ahh well, Racing comes first! (Dont tell the missus I said that!)
  8. Coffee jar lids with rubber pads glues on. Sit your wheels in them when you race and add a little packing if required. Voila, Robert is your mother's brother.
  9. I'm just using an extremely large plank of wood thats slid behind my chair, seems to work fine.
  10. I chock the chair with ugg-boots ;) Steely
  11. Although it's not exactly an answer to what to do about a wheeled chair, I thought I'd drop in and mention that I avoided all such troubles by having a TV type chair (that reclines) instead of a desk chair.

I have a tiny table on wheels to my right with the mouse on it, and I have the keyboard on my lap when typing or gaming. Hundreds of times more comfortable than before. To race, it's set to it's most upright setting and put closer to the desk.

Note that the biggest problem one might get from this comfortable setup is that the TV chairs are usually lower seated than the typical chair, and the desk + wheel might end up too high to reach comfortably. Other than that, it's le-yumyum.
  12. I sometimes use those rubber caster cups you get for furniture.

Attached Files: