F1 2017 Pretty in Pink? More F1 2017 Preview Images Released

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Force India Previews.jpg

Love it or not, Force India went pink for F1 2017 and now Codemasters have immortalised this unique livery in these latest F1 2017 in game preview images.

Due to make a public debut later this month, the 2017 edition of the Formula One game series has plenty of people on the edge of their seats in expectation. With all the preview information on the game pointing towards potentially the most complete release in the series to date, F1 2017 is already shaping up to be a potentially very solid title indeed.

F1 2016 marked a substantial improvement over recent version of the game for Codemasters, and with such a strong base on which to build it looks very likely that the new title will take the good work undertaken in 2016, and expand upon it for the latest release.

Set to include an extended career mode over and above what was seen last year, plus the returning 'classics' Formula One cars from the history of the sport, it is perhaps the actual modern day vehicles themselves that will be most anticipated by players looking to purchase the game.

For 2017 the rule makers governing the sport of Formula One undertook a considerable shift from previous seasons, with wider, faster cars and more aggressive styling over previous years, massive changes should be both seen and felt by the driver when firing up the game. More downforce and lower laptimes, aggressive looking cars (yes, even the pink ones...) all piled on top of a refined driving model and deeper features could mean a bit of a win for Codemasters come release day on August 25th.

While we wait to find out for ourselves, cast you eye over these new preview images from the Force India cars of Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez, seen in a number of different situations in game and really shining a light on the impressive looking graphics of this upcoming Codemasters title...

F1 2017 Force India Previews 2.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 4.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 5.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 6.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 7.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 3.jpg
F1 2017 Force India Previews 8.jpg

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 25th August 2017.

Want more news? Fancy chatting about the new game with your fellow F1 fans? Cool ok, check out the Formula One 2017 Sub Forum then and get posting away!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Will you be purchasing the game on release day? Let us know in the comments section below!

Until I study some stills, it's hard to realize just how much that shark fin ruined the muscle look this year could have been. Those cars are even more gorgeous than the new IndyCars, but until they get rid of the fins and coat hangers, it's not realized.

Beta update is still unfinished, clearly. The handling is still there, but the setup impact has been dialed back to 2016. I think they are slipping in the controller "feel" for the release, which compromises SIM feel. If they screw up the beautiful feel, it will be the same as 2016.

Game looks good and the feature set has me intrigued but I just couldn't drive F1 2016 due to it's lack of FFB feel with a wheel. Hopefully they have improved in this area to give the cars weight and to make you feel connected to the front tyres. If they have I will surely be picking this up

Funnily enough, Lee Mather said himself all current screenshots have been made on a Photo Mode on PC (also it's PC exclusive, so yay). This and more info here, if you haven't seen it yet:

Also, Lee also said CM will do a FAQ soon. I guess this or next week.

Funnily enough, Lee Mather said himself all current screenshots have been made on a Photo Mode on PC (also it's PC exclusive, so yay). This and more info here, if you haven't seen it yet:

Also, Lee also said CM will do a FAQ soon. I guess this or next week.
Huh, fair play to him then, that's a neat feature to have.

Game looks good and the feature set has me intrigued but I just couldn't drive F1 2016 due to it's lack of FFB feel with a wheel. Hopefully they have improved in this area to give the cars weight and to make you feel connected to the front tyres. If they have I will surely be picking this up
front tyres
Telltale sign of you being too used to AMS and rF2's questionable FFB, especially the latter's. You're relying too much on the fronts and not at all on the rears.

The FFB was fine in 2016. It got the job done. The feeling of traction in particular is absolutely awful in ISI-powered sims, something that 2016 does genuinely get right. It absolutely can be improved, but compared to how it was in 2015, they've already made a huge step forward, and if you still weren't feeling things like the weight and whatnot, that's entirely on you now.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back