PrestoGP Practise Race 25th Feb Austria

WANTED Pit crew

Your duties will include servicing a Formula Renault 3.5 car, analyzing data recorded from the car, changing tires during the race, and emergency repairs if necessary. Needed urgently, previous pit crew mysteriously fell from hotel window in a (sort of) non job related incident.

Should about sum up my race :p

About yesterdays' race: I became a man in the middle after a while, so I started practice Mr. Smooth style ala Mr. Rouge :thumbsup: and managed to maintain:
FL 51% FR 57%
RL 62% RR 63%
was that good? :) Learn't alot from yesterday too. Just had an analyzing moment of David's cornering technique (love rf2:s detailed info :cool:) - it is going to be hard catching up with that guy... but shame on one who gives in!

And also in this race about the start. In replay I see @Dino Paolini and Martin (@MOOOOOOOOOSCHT ) clashed on the inside where Dino clearly held the inside in front of Martin who aimen for the apex anyway. So Martin was pushed left and then aiming for outside exit where I was headed in my wide corner line. What happened there? You wrote you enabled all the mirrors after last race T1 Martin - did I show up? Margins are of the essence in the start - to clash on the inside and then deliberately switch to outside with close cars nearby are at least in my opinion a no-go . No one would like to lose several places like that after hours of prep. - this time was of course more of practice and to get time to discuss these things.

Maybe one or two others would like to review this - a clear view of starting guidelines maybe should be good, esp. when lots of new people have arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
And another thing - last laps (luckily) I suddenly got 30 fps locked. Could it due to windows mode which I havent run before for such long stint? I think it may have been after pretty exactly 60 mins since last alt-tab. Moving the mouse around didnt help. If it had come earlier I would probably quit due to motion sickness :sick: :O_o:

Here's some highlights of my race, I started fairly well but saw Dino had to so moved over to close him off, over done it and touched him so stayed wide T1 to let him take the place, sorry Dino a bit too aggressive from me :thumbsup: from there i tried to stay with Dino but made a huge mistake at the second last turn which saw me massively flatspot all tyres and put me in 5th, managed to work through the flatspots and catch back up only to watch Sean repeat my mistake a few laps later, unlucky Sean. I managed to catch Peter and Martin and make some passes, then with Dino's lapping problem I had caught upto 4.4 second's I smelled a chance at this and pushed too hard, spun twice and then just settled into 2nd, think the gap was 22 seconds to Dino at the end so nice win Dino very consistant as always, grats everyone else who finished and thank's as always for turning up :)

EDIT: I also managed to complete the race without pitting, This is what I didn't want to happen in Presto, it looks like it will be a track to track decision on tyre wear, Interlagos gave us 1 stop with 1x tyre wear which was ideal, Austria would need x2 to give us 1 stop, I think we will need to wing this as we go along for this first season but ultimatly 1 stop is the minimum we should be aiming for and I don't like the idea of forcing people to pit when their tyres are fine, it breaks rythum and concentration.

At 2nd start i caused some wheel-banging :poop:
That was 100% my fault, I feel so sorry, I hope no one had damaged the car :unsure:

While i was checking may 5 mirrwos ;) ...
I was quite supprised how slow the guys in front of me enterd T1 ...
braked too hard with locking wheels ... bang, bang, bang ...

Grats to podium :thumbsup:

Awesome speed of dino and david :thumbsup:

I completely agree with David that we don't want Presto races with the options being 0 or 1 stop. I think the solution is very simple. I'm in favour of running 2x tyre wear in every race. If that means 3 stops sometimes, even better. 2x will mean the difference between 1 and 2 or even 2 and 3 will be smaller and make variable strategies a real option.

We obviously don't have much time before the start of the season. I don't think we need to vote. David and Sean have put a lot of work in getting the server and the whole season going, Dino seems to know a lot about RF2 and these cars. Presto should always have pitstops. Are you guys happy to just make a call in the next 24 hours and we stick to it for the season?

As always, that's my opinion, happy to be disagreed with, but perhaps only for 24h!

Tim.

I think your probably right Tim even though ill stop 3 times everywhere x2 lol, I think pitstop is important and also it should be needed and not just a mandatory pit.

Time kind of ran out leading to this im sure if we had tried it a few times we would have probably opted for x2. Worst case is like you say some track is more stops should be more fun than none though :thumbsup:

I think tyre wear x2 would be a good thing as some drivers might be better at preserving there tyres than others.i don't think I'm one of those drivers but it would be more realistic.
Can the refuelling at the pit stop be sorted out or are we going with race fuel at the start of every race

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.