Precision Motorsports Sepang and Shanghai review

A hectic two weeks saw Precision return from the cancelled Sepang WC race to win at Shanghai.

World Series Sepang race was conducted by Jeffrey Rietveld from the very beginning, as the Dutch took his first pole of the season with a healthy margin, accompanied by Cyril Werdmuller in third. From the start it was clear that the race win was to be decided between Rietveld and Twister-Racing's Stefan Kanitz. Eventually, a mistake from Kanitz handed an easy win to Rietveld, followed by Werdmuller, clinching the second double for the team in a row.

World Championship turned out to be the pancacke of the weekend, as the race was aborted after technical issues, while Bono Huis was less surprisingly maintaining the lead. The race will be re-run at a later announced date.

a4471f5ee9.jpg
0185a30b00.jpg
fc2235a095.jpg

World Series Shanghai saw the team qualify in second and fifth place with Marco Conti taking pole. In the race Rietveld managed to gain an early lead and maintain his position until the chequered flag, scoring home a second victory in two races. The result secured Rietveld a championship lead, while second in championship Werdmuller finished in fourth.

World Championship launched off with Bono Huis dominating the qualifying session, taking pole with a 6-tenth gap to team-mate Jaakko Mikkonen, securing Precision the full front row. The reigning world champion was able to build a gap to Mikkonen from the very first laps and seemingly easily control the race. A perfect strategy saw Precision finish in a first double victory of the season, with Huis taking his third win in three races, and scoring a hat-trick by setting the fastest lap of the race.

The victory increased Huis' championship lead to 27 points, with Mikkonen holding third place, 5 points short of David Greco. In constructor's Precision has over double the more points than the second placed team, Mak-Corp Racing.

Jeffrey Rietveld commented:
"Very delighted about both races obviously, winning 2 races in a row, taking the lead in the championship, it can't get any better ! Both Malaysia and Shanghai were very difficult for me. I had pressure from behind during both races, but luckily I didn't make any mistakes and stayed calm. For now i'm just hoping to keep this pace up, and maybe score a hatrick in Turkey allthough that will be very difficult."

Bono Huis (1st) commented:
"It has been quite a fantastic start of the season, 3 wins out of 3 races, and the team first and second in the constructors championship. I was quite lucky in Australia and Bahrain but here everything was under control, which was unexpected because I had a very bad preparation for this race. Qualifying went quite well, pole position with a gap of 6 tenths to P2. The race was rather uneventful, I increased the gap to P2 in every lap so quite a comfortable win. Perfect result for myself with pole position, fastest lap and the race win. And obviously a superb result for the team, with Jaakko and Mikko on the podium."

Jaakko Mikkonen (2nd) commented:
"Best result of the year so far with worst preparation than for any race before. Quite unexpected. Best of the rest. Bono was from another planet this time."

To follow the progress of the team during the season, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back