Prader-Willi Syndrome Charity Race on ETVLive!

logo4.png

Paint the Yellow will present the Prader-Willi Syndrome Charity Race on July 5th, 2012 televised live on ETVLive! at 7:30PM est. The race will run in the Chevrolet Silverado at the famed Talladega Superspeedway. A full month of activities are planned, including nearly 50 qualifying sessions over a three week period to lock in the fields for the Twin 50 races that will set the field for the main event.

Prader Willi-Syndrome is the most common known genetic cause of life-threatening obesity in children. Although the cause is complex it results from an abnormality on the 15th chromosome. It occurs in males and females equally and in all races. The syndrome causes low muscle tone, short stature, incomplete sexual development, and a chronic feeling of hunger. The food compulsion makes constant supervision necessary. About 1 in 10,000 kids are born with Prader-Willi Syndrome, but the disease is one that is not widely known.

Several members of Paint the Yellow formed the Prader-Willi Syndrome Charity Race to help raise money for the charity and to gain awareness. Ed Peoples is a valued member of Paint the Yellow and his daughter was born with Prader-Willi Syndrome.

Peoples said, “I really want people to know about and to raise awareness about this disease. I didn’t even know what it was until my little girl was born with it.”

The Main Event will kick off on Thursday, July 5th at 7:30pm EST with a very special pre-race show that you do not want to miss. The Main Event is a three race event, with two Heat Races and a Feature. The two Heat Races are 25 laps with no cautions and just over a 4.5-gallon fuel tank. The grid for the first heat is set by all of the qualifying events that led to this event. All lead lap cars in the first heat will be inverted for the start of the second heat. The finish order of the second heat will be the starting lineup of the Feature Race. The winners of each heat will walk away with a $20 payout.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back