Practice race at Wednesday

Reik Major

Premium
Very nice job Nico and everyone participating! I already noticed Nicos good pace, when we had this little 5 lapper some days ago :)

Did mediums do the job yesterday or have hards been required?

Valter Ostman

PrestoGP Veteran
It was great fun guys. I hope we can continue with the practice races (stint x 2). It's like Nic says, a lot of stint practice is the best preparation. But the servers are often empty when I look and the AI on full are not like the real thing.

I hope to be more consistent in the real race:) Tyre management is crucial like IRL. I must find out how to make them last longer.

I think medium rubber is enough.

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
had a great night, started 2nd on the grid for stint 1, was upto 1st by t1 and from there had the mother of all fights with sean for 16 laps, was THE BEST racing ive ever been involved with (and only practise), we passed each other and repassed each other all the while keeping up a fast pace, nico was a between 5-10 seconds from us at all time unbeknown to us he was sneakily taking care of his tyres hamilton style, me and sean had went out on mediums and both of us noticed a huge drop off at about lap 14-16, nico shot past us never to be seen again and me and sean kept fighting, great stint by all who raced it, it really was.

second stint race.... didnt quite go according to plan, a small spin early put me back in the field, i managed to catch back up to 5th or so then another small spin put me back again, on lap ? i was side by side with nicolas rouge in t1, he must not have seen me there, he turned in on me and the rest was a combination of me being airbourne, rolling at least 3 times, and hitting the wall with a thud, unfortunate end to my second stint, but stint 1 more than made up for any bad luck ive had this season.

in my opinion mediums would be the way to go with the pace me and sean managed to keep up for those amount of laps, some more practise and setup work on making them last slightly longer but they really felt great until the sudden drop off.

David

An interesting strategic choice for the race is the 7th gear. If you make it longer it will help you when slip streaming on the straight, but the downside will be that you will be more voulnerable from attacks from behind on the straight if you are not in a slip stream yourself :)

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
agreed, i went with reiks (b) setup( thanks reik) with 8/37 wings all i changed was fuel, steering lock and brake pressure and stuck medium tyres on, it was amazing through the middle sector but i had to defend nearly every lap at the end of the straight, sean mustve had alot less wing and higher 7th, i was a sitting duck most of the time but its quite an easy corner to defend into due to highly visable braking markers so i may stick to the higher df for race time ill see how it goes.

Sean Greenlaw

PrestoGP Veteran
Ye really was a epic race with david lol cant wait to watch replay tonight with constant battling and then tires fell off cliff so to speak hehe , i was using 7/30 wing and mediums.

Nice races for me.

Sorry for the incident David T. I checked the replay to see what really happened and it seems we both turned into each other. You were behind when we touched so it seems it's my fault, but you changed your racing line very suddenly and a lot more than me. Anyway, I'll try to be more careful next time, especially in this case when I couldn't see the pilot who try to pass me.

Reik Major

Premium
I think (hope) with an ATI card you should be on the safe side. I only used ATI cards so far and neraly never had game crashes. The only crashes in the farer past were caused by to high temps in my card...

well, I have a new ATI Card :), but, yesterday I did a practice and experiment new issue, three times lost connection from PrestoGP :frown:,

If you are having problems with LC the first thing you need to find out is if you are losing the internet connection or if you are online when you lose connection (if you know what I mean).

If it turns out it is your internet connection that is the problem a call to your internet provider is the next step.

If you have perfect connection during the LC, there is probably a problem on your local machine, e.g. some firewall issue or something.

(a ping test to e.g. a local newspaper in the background while racing online is a good way to do it. If you LC; close the game and have a look at the ping test. Did it drop any packages when the LC happened? If yes, call your ISP and say that your line is too unstable to race at Presto GP, so they better do something pronto! :))

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000