Power Class @ Oesterreichring 70 - Tue 23rd Feb

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM POWER
Class: GTL Power Class (DeTomaso Pantera/Corvette 69/Capri 3100/Ford GT40/AC Cobra 427)
Track: Oesterreichring 70
Conditions: 15.00 race time
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 mins (1 timed lap)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default Skins only
Note3: A different car must be used for each race

tom the 2nd race will start now. i am too tired to continue. grats carlos or warren? for the win in race one. during the race the cars infront and behind me disappperd from time to time. i didnt want to hit anyone so i quit. anyway see you all next time.

OK - all a bit of a shambles, to be honest.

But if there are forum issues, Teamspeak issues and both server issues, there's not much we can do.

We'll probably reschedule this, or at least something similar soon.

Thanks for all who turned up.

No problemo Stuart,

it seems as if I am very learn resistant...
This was yet another 904 event for me :(
I hope I will learn it now not to join unprepared!

If I was all over the road blocking anybody, I am sorry!
--> next time prepared :)

Stu... I will join you not laying hands on the panty LOL I am far from being ready for this monster hehe

@ Adam, it may not have been anything to do with your connection, we were all having weird problems, highly variable internet connections that semed to get worse.
Like others, I found race 1 pretty difficult due to cars around me disappearing and re-appearing, which probably added to people having lots of off's.
Even at the end , the results seemed to be weird, showing me as the winner, but clearly Carlos had led all race and said he finished ok. My game showed Carlos as retiring on the last lap or so with electronic failure, I think the game was having electronic failure. Even my XD was showing Carlos as 8 laps ahead, boy he was faster than I thought, lool.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Carlos won the race, so congratulations mate, you cleared off and left us all in your wake. A great drive Carlos.

Pity we had to abandon race 2, but it was the only decision possible in the circumstances.
Thanks anyway Stu, this track with these beasts was nicely matched.

Yeh im not sure what it was but i had cars like stopping in middle of track, then sudenly they would shoot back off to where they were. My connection is still unstable due to it only being active for 5 days (so my ISP says). Hopefully itl be a smooth run this time.

I was definitely NOT 8 laps ahead Warren lol.

This is funny though. The first time I ever won an event was that time that we were having problems with a mod car at Laguna Seca and a crap load of you guys were forced to drive the TCR without any prior practice, so the guys that had chosen to drive the little beast (myself included) had the upper hand.

In my second win ever (this one) I am sure a bunch of you backed off or were punted off because of the lagging issues.

I'm just some kind of vulture lol.

good night, shame about the server issues. Grts to Carlos for race 1 win.

I didn't stand a chance, great start and was upto 3rd. Had to brake as those in front were doing the same and then all hell broke loose when Steve, I think, went straight into the back of me and we both ended up checking out the barriers to make sure they were working correctly. Anyhow, due to all the connectivity issues it was a bit of an anticlimax as I was really looking forward to driving the Capri RS in race 2.

Thanks guys & thanks to Stu & RD.

In neither case did you fluke into the win, Carlos. Both times, you were flying, and deserved the win each time.

Couldn't agree more, totally deserved win and I'm sure more will follow. :thumbup:

Note for Steven, I know why you were struggling in the race (your TS comment that you were 3 secs per lap slower than practice). Looking at the replay, you lost your front spoiler in the opening lap bingle with the wall, and I know from experience that the Pantera is woeful without a front spoiler. :eek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back