Power and Glory Install

I see there is a 2 part anniversary patch for GTR2. Does this need to be installed first before Power and Glory 3.2 is installed ? BTW I have the original GTR2 CD.
Also I heard there was an early F1 mod for this, but I don't see a download for it.
I get a cannot open file as archive when I downloaded the file from here when I use 7 zip. Is there something wrong with the file, or do you have to extract it in some special way?

Last edited:
About HQ Anniversary Patch : yes you need to download and extract both 15.9 archives (when v16.0 will be out next month there will be 3 archives to extract...).
The install order with PnG mod has no more importance since I have made GTR2_SETUP.CMD menu to tweak both GTR2 and PnG3 : menu will detect if PnG mod is installed and will propose specific options for PnG.
Note that if you install PnG after HQ Anniv. Patch then PnG installer will detect the updated files from HQ Patch and will return them as notification errors during install : in this case just ignore those error messages then after png install you just need to run GTR2_SETUP.CMD to tweak specific options for PnG (read HQ_ANN_PATCH_INSTALL.TXT available at the root of both archives).

Which F1 mod are you talking about ? I recommend you to go at esport-racing de for mods :)

With HQ Anniversary patch installed it does not really matter as both DISK/STEAM will work the same way thanks to GTR2_SETUP.CMD : you can set page 5 (V) the version of your choice anytime. The only important thing to recall is that when you change gtr2.exe version page 5 then you MUST also update the options page 6 (VI) / 7 (VII) / 8 (VIII) too because these 6/7/8 files are totally different whether you use DISK gtr2.exe or STEAM gtr2.exe.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.