Post your first impressions

For me the coolest feature I saw so far is the drying racing line after rain. Last time I saw this was in Geoff Crammonds GP series. In rF2 it looks so cool!

My first impression is good. There are some bugs, especially noticeable if you host servers. While driving most of it was good without issues. It is a bit heavy on resources initially, but after some tweaking it should run fine on every pc.
Tonight we did some practice with about 10 drivers on Monte Carlo in the 1966 cars. It was very cool! (and difficult)

I am not sure what I don't like so far. The lobby browser could use a direct ip option, to avoid lobby issues as happened tonight.
In the garage the reply/live view is a bit annoying. Have not yet found a way to switch from replay to live view with one click.

Considering this is a beta, it looks promising. I like the Spark F2/F3 very much and the meganes. I don't like the F3.5 yet. Mostly because i am slow in it :)

Erm guys you do realize this is a seriously non-finished release right?:)
There is no way this beta will be of any high quality as it is expected.
In fact until they release the official version and after they release patches it will still have issues.
Me personally I did expect anything spectacular from the Beta. I am expecting a seriously unfinished product simply because is a beta.

And by the way all of this comes from a guy (me) that was an iRacer and a very rare user of rFactor. A former iRacer that showed huge patience and support for three years with a product that was marketed as stellar mature and always under development product yet it was and is anything but stellar or mature....I am sure in 10 years they will get to the point where the best rFactor1 mods are today :)

I say lets just give our brutal honest feedback to them for now and hold judgement up until they say "Ok this is our official release".

Had a few issues with it to begin with as I was getting lag with 120 FPS, but I managed to cure it without trying to by turning down the FFB to 0.01. After that it has run fine. :)

It has taken me a little while to get used to the cars but I have now fallen in love with the F3 at Monte Carlo. Great fun to drive even if I have needed 2000 new wheels, 100 new suspensions, and many tins of paint to get rid of the scratches.

Lee knocked some strawbails onto the track at Spa and one of them hit me square in the head, crashing the car as a result. :p

All in all, it is great fun. :D

Erm guys you do realize this is a seriously non-finished release right?:)
There is no way this beta will be of any high quality as it is expected.
In fact until they release the official version and after they release patches it will still have issues.
Me personally I did expect anything spectacular from the Beta. I am expecting a seriously unfinished product simply because is a beta.

And by the way all of this comes from a guy (me) that was an iRacer and a very rare user of rFactor. A former iRacer that showe huge patience for three years with a product that was marketed as stellar mature and always under development product yet it was and is anything but stellar or mature....I am sure in 10 years they will get to the point where the best rFactor1 mods are today :)

Technically from software product perspective beta means feature complete software, but might have "some" (not huge amount) of bugs. Alpha is an unfinished product with missing features.

Technically from software product perspective beta means feature complete software, but might have "some" (not huge amount) of bugs. Alpha is an unfinished product with missing features.

Absolutely true but in this case it is still an unfinished product because it has no where near what the final release will have and thus I did not and do not expect much from the beta.

Having said that when they come out and say "Ok this is our final release" and it is just crippled beyond belief and no serious attempts are done to fix issues then I will drop them like I dropped iRacing with no second thought. I am nobody's fan boy even though I want a sim to give me all the right reasons to be one :)

Eric I think Xosé talks from the iRacer point of view, and I can see his point too as far as I have seen (in videos) or been told. Of course a beta is a beta and not anything else, but I still think they would have never released if that was really far from the final product.

So graphics are like a generation ago still (rF1=no inmersive=no iRacing standards) and only some features are up to the current days expectations: Weather and day night transitions, ffb, etc. I don´t know, but GTR2 had some of that already and even the Grand Prix series had it, so I guess iRacing will upgrade their sim in the future and then there will be no need to talk about it anymore... just my view. Sorry if that is what you don´t wanted to read Eric :p but others will have a difrent opinion on the matter. Ah, want to tell I did not tested the game, I am just sharing my view from a far & abstract perspective, so better make your own testing. I really want to read more reviews! :D

In all honesty I am not exactly blown away by what I've seen in a few hours of testing tonight. However, this is not the final product. I can clearly see that the groundwork has been laid and that there is a lot of potential here. I doubt I will spend a lot more time playing this particular version, but do I think I've wasted £30? Nope, because it looks like in a few months time we'll have an absolutely cracking sim on our hands. Looking forward to that.

Had a few issues with it to begin with as I was getting lag with 120 FPS, but I managed to cure it without trying to by turning down the FFB to 0.01

I'm not going to turn it down, but good, then my 80FPS lag isn't strange.

However, I hope for a serious job when it comes to get the game to run smoother. I know it sounds bad, but I really expected this game to run in 1804x1014 with all settings on max without any problems. But 80FPS when I'm alone, doesn't look to good if there is 25-30 others on the track at the same time!

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core# i7 Hexa Processor i7-970 Hexa Core, 3,2Ghz
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3072MB PhysX
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB (ye, I know, DDR3... -.-)

Of course, I have plenty of overclocking chances, and with a watercooled CPU, and another 200mm fan coming over the weekend I should be able to keep the PC pretty cool. But it is still a bit strange that this game, is the game that is "ruining" my streak of maxing all the games I've tried on this PC. Looks like I have to save up for a new (or a second) GPU then.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back