Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

(hopefully) Coming soon to a computer near you...
screenshot110_zpsb46ade81.png

Playing with paint shaders.
paint.jpg

Super early days here, but this is the standard reflect shader, but with env ambient (mipped version of the live cube map to simulated correct ambient lighting), and then a second specular spot.
So no sun reflections causing bad energy conserve here, but proper specular for the metallic and the clear coat sharp reflection.

I'm gonna try mix the PBR shader Stereo and I were playing with a bit ago, along with some other handy car based control maps for paintwork... so we can get paint that looks as nice as in Forza Horizon 2 etc.

The only issue to getting a nice look is that the sky values and sun values need to be good (read correct), so I'll have to release some of those too.

Also I'm not sure how fresnel mixing two speculars, and two reflection passes will work out. I might just have to do some fudging at first and then dig around on the interwebs for how you energy conserve multi-layer materials :D

Cheers

Dave

Playing with paint shaders.
View attachment 71568

Super early days here, but this is the standard reflect shader, but with env ambient (mipped version of the live cube map to simulated correct ambient lighting), and then a second specular spot.
So no sun reflections causing bad energy conserve here, but proper specular for the metallic and the clear coat sharp reflection.

I'm gonna try mix the PBR shader Stereo and I were playing with a bit ago, along with some other handy car based control maps for paintwork... so we can get paint that looks as nice as in Forza Horizon 2 etc.

The only issue to getting a nice look is that the sky values and sun values need to be good (read correct), so I'll have to release some of those too.

Also I'm not sure how fresnel mixing two speculars, and two reflection passes will work out. I might just have to do some fudging at first and then dig around on the interwebs for how you energy conserve multi-layer materials :D

Cheers

Dave
Please. No Richard Rawlings vernacular here! ;)

Converted to CG after 1 year :)View attachment 71840
Moin,
looks good...
If you like to remove on polishroads trees this white stripes, replace this part in your track shd file...

Code:
shader_invis~vf_standard_transparent
{
  layer0
  {
    map=invis.tga
    blendfunc=blend
    alpha_to_coverage=1
    mipmap=0
    alphafunc=gequal 150
  }
}
and maybe put a full black alpha channel in the texture...cant remember if i put him there or if he already was there...

Alex

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back