• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Possible Fanatec PWTS problem: Assistance required

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Marcus Meyrick, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Marcus Meyrick

Marcus Meyrick

Ratings:
    +2
    Apologies chaps, this is a straight copy/paste from my post on iracing forums.. just looking for any advice so using a few forums.

Chaps,
    I need some assistance with my PWTS..

I am not sure whether i am being paranoid or whether i have a problem. If anyone with a fanatec could assist i would be grateful.

Problem:
    Practicing a Star Mazda at Suzuka in iRacing i noticed that my PWTS seemed "notchy" when steering left or right. FF effects seems fine however the actual steering does not.

I seem to recall that my steering used to be absolutely smooth during direction changes, now the wheel feels almost like a Geared wheel rather than a belt driven wheel.

It is most noticeable on gradually tightening or loosening turns such as Turn 1 Suzuka or the final right, left, right at Suzuka.

My wheel settings are
    Sen: OFF
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    DRI: off
    ABS: 80

all other settings off.

I then tried it in Race and GTR2 and the wheel exhibits the same symptoms. I then tried it with the Ford GT at Suzuka in iRacing and again got the same symptoms.

I must stress that FF effects seem fine in terms of feeling over/understeer and kerbs etc.. it is simply the steering that seems notchy.

My FF in iRacing for the mazda is 9 but u tried higher and the problem is still present. With FF off the wheel is smooth.

Can someone with a Fanatec try the above settings and car combo and see whether their wheel is absolutely smooth or exhibits any notchyness.

Thanks
    Marcus.

*edit for video*

This is a vid of my issue. This was recorded whilst driving the Centripedal circuit in a Star Mazda.. am i imagining it?

2. ReDi

ReDi
    Slightly Mad Studios

Ratings:
    +4
  3. Marcus Meyrick

Marcus Meyrick

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers ReDi.. i have just followed the process and submitted an email to them.. hopefully it will be resolved.

4. Marcus Meyrick

Marcus Meyrick

Ratings:
    +2
    Email reply from fanatec confirming there is a problem and confirming my wheel needs replacing.. All there is to do now is await instructions on what i need to do to get the replacement and what to do with the broken wheel.

So far it appears that Fanatec have done a lot of work on their customer service and as long as you follow their requirements then things get resolved quickly..