Ports for RSCentre 2010

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
Hi all, it's been 6 months since my last attempt to get RSRBR2010 working, and after finding out something new about my router i decided to try again.... with no success!
I was just wondering if there are any specific port settings that are required to get RSCentre working? ie: any specific ports need to be left open or not?

For a brief resume of my troubles check out this link:

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=1586&start=70

Yup, if I'm not mistaken RSCenter communicates with the internet like a normal web browser. I'm behind NAT, closed network etc., no forwarded rallyesim-specific ports; problems on RD online servers through the router and RSCenter works like a charm, always.

I'm not sure what you mean- do you mean plug the ethernet cable straight from the phone line to the pc?

I've just recently set up my Xbox to run without strict NAT settings by following a youtube tutorial, this meant i had to muck about with my Hub's port settings. It worked perfectly so i thought perhaps this would help get RSRBR up and running for me! Apparently the router i have is renowned for being a real pain when it comes to online gaming, but it's always been fine for RD races, and it's working great with the xbox now too.

So it an ADSL router? I assumed you've got a cable connection, with ADSL there is no way to bypass the route, that's true.

If you have this option in router settings you can try putting your PC in a DMZ and seeing it that helps. Problem might be somewhere on the ISP side too (hopefully it's not).

Another idea - have you tried to choose "Run as an administrator" while launching RSCentre?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back