1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Porsche SuperCup is back!

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marco Bijl, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

A highly popular series of events is returning to Race Department. The Porsche SuperCup is making it's way into the racing events again.

First event will be comming sunday 30th, and will be held on the Paul Ricard HTTT GT circuit. Make sure to check it out! Nice close racing, with fast cars. Race details:

1 race of 50 minutes. 1 pitstop is mandatory during the race, without a fixed timeframe. 2 tires need to be changed minimum. Strategy and race pace will walk closely hand in hand.

To get 100% coverage, we are organizing both EU and US events. Same track will be driven on both servers.

Come and join us in this spectacular class.

2. FANTASTIC NEWS! The mod is brilliant, RD didn't just shoot itself in the foot in those few bad months when content like the Porsche mod wasn't used, they called in an Airstrike, before taking off and nuking the entire site from space!
    Credit is due though, they saw the error of their ways and are back again doing all the right things. Well done and thank-you to all admin n staff for bringing this and other great mods back.

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

The mod is great indeed.
    Not totally sure if I make it yet, but I will try to be there as well sunday. Looking forward to be driving the porsches very much!

If there are more things you would like to see back on the event lists, just send me a PM, and I will see what I can do.
    This goes for all members off course.

4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Marco, US racing on Sunday Night, thats fantastic!. I will try to make the race this Sunday. I won't know till Sunday afternoon if i can race or not but if i can ,i will!. Are Sundays going to be a regular thing for the US? I certainly hope so.

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Yes. We will keep on hosting events for both US and EU. For the comming time, we will run all events which we run in the EU zone, for US zone as well. Some small exceptions, mini friday is replaced with Muscle cars/V8's or something like that. But in general, all events will be run on both zones.

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Hmmm Sunday afternoon, and no signups for both US and EU.....

Did not forsee that....

7. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

I would sign up but I don't know the track. If you picked something like Monza then maybe more people would be interested. Also 50min event is probably to long for a sunday afternoon. I mean people want to rest and 50 minutes of compettion can be quite tiring.

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

That's not so different from 2x25 minute races?

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I figured the same Dennis. Originally, I wanted to do it longer, but figured 50 min would be the max. 30 minutes and 1 pitstop is to much I think. So, then the pitstop would have to be kept out, and I like that feature in regards of strategy.

I created a poll for the tracks. Want to know if you would prefer the standard content (Monza and stuff), or the downloadable content. Don't answer that question in this threat anymore, but please take the time to vote there, and leave a comment in that topic.

Further, the Porsche SuperCup will have some form of standing with it. Do not know exactly how, but there will be some kind of point system which keeps track of the performance of the drivers :) I get more and more reactions from people who want to stick with a regular schedule of racing. So the Porsches will stay. Perhaps it needs a little time to grow as well.

10. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

Guys I have a question about the mod. I don't know if it's the way it should be but skidding tyres sound... weird. I don't even know what to compare it to. It sounds a bit like if I was driving in wet conditions when the track is dry. It's hard to tell when the tyres lock or lose traction. Is that the way it's ment to be or I get some weird problems?

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Porsche, it's part of what makes it great.
    The other part is that you can't do much about it but learn to drive it.

12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ah come on guys "I don't know track",that is why a event is posted a week before so one can get practice in.

13. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

@Hiroshi - and if I had a whole week to practice I would be fine. But during the week I also have other things to do and It's quite hard to organise it all. I'm still new to the sim world and learning takes time. I still didn't master the default tracks.;)

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Next week, the track is default. Let's have some fun then :)

15. Karl Warburton

Karl Warburton
    GT5 TT Champion

Hi Marco,

Could you possibly put a link up for this mod, have been looking, but can not find it, or I am going blind :) Thanks in advance.

16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Uploading it now. Link will be here shortly.