1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge @ Sebring - Tue 14th April

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Gijs van Elderen, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Event Details

Server:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PORSCHE
    Cars: APEX Porsche GT3
    Track: Sebring

Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Fuel use : Normal
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists:
    TC:
    Medium
    ABS: Low
    Auto-clutch: Allowed

Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qually: 19:20 GMT 10 min
    Warm up: 5 min
    Race: 30 min

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
    Server password: Click here
    Racing rules: Click here
    Clock GMT: Click here

A Porsche setup to start with: Click here

Note: Unlock gear-ratio in the tuning menu ==> click on the tuning box at the bottom of the car selection screen.

1. Gijs van Elderen
    2. Amedeo Fiorella *
    3. Joao Fernandes
    4. Frederic Schornstein
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. ....
    Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Server is UP!

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

4. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Sign me up please :)

5. Amedeo Fiorella

Amedeo Fiorella
    Premium Member

I'm in! Which build will we use?

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

We are up to date. :) Build 946

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

8. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Sugar. Have double booked myself so will have to drop out :(

9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Gijs I'll try to make it. Thanks for the prompt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Amedeo Fiorella

Amedeo Fiorella
    Premium Member

Guys I'm sorry, I think is going to be a long day at the university, I can't make it on time :( if there's a chance I can show up I'll tell you as soon as I know!

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Sorry Gijs, I cant do it. Hope to see you soon for one.

13. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

I will join

14. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

In the end 4 drivers, Gijs gave me a set as I joined for qualy after my first timed lap I did a few adjustments, another outlap another correction and went for it and took pole by 1 tenth ahed of Gijs and 2 or 3 ahead of John.
    Before the race I changed the brake pressure and wasn't comfortable in the first laps with high fuel and less brake pressure and Gijs went past. After that it was a hard fight until the end. I got past as he made a mistake. Driving without ABS made it very difficult to try and outbrake Gijs and my engine went quite hot in the dirty air.

After that I slowed a bit to cool my engine down and Gijs came way to close. With worn tires it was a lot harder to push, but I couuld stay ahead. Lots of fun and close racing even though we were only 4 cars on track,but with the right guys it is fun :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

I was having a hard time pushing the car.
    Never felt comfortable pushing it to my limit and that last corner was making things worse. :p
    I tried to keep up but after a few mistakes the left front tire was done and had to be more careful. Even a few seconds behind still had fun. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Mostly in a race with a big grid i end up racing by myself from start to finnish. :sick:

With small grids: There is always that 1 guy that makes you go racing. :geek: Mostly it's Joao who for some reason finds me on track, but this time it was the GT-king. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. John Broadmeadow

John Broadmeadow
    Apex Racing UK

Thanks for the race guys :) Just jumped into the practice session to see whether I was around the right sort of pace and seems I'm not as far off as I expected.

Ended up using the default setup I think as I didn't reload the shared one after rejoining the session, but it seemed quite nice to drive and turned in quite nicely on the brakes.

Couldn't quite nail a lap in quali but got a decent enough banker to be close. Probably better for my nerves to not be on the front row anyway, I have only done a couple of races on rfactor ever (normally race on iracing) so wanted to be quite cautious!

Race was mainly just a test of consistency as much as anything. Didn't know how much I would need to manage the tyres in a short race like this, but had to push a lot to stay in touch with the top 2 and stay ahead of Joao. 3/4 seconds off was better than I expected though so will definitely be back for more :)

• Like Like x 3