rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Watkins Glen - Friday July 8th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys I won't be racing tonight. I'm in an absolutely foul mood and if I raced tonight, you would be subject to a torrent of angry insults and abuse over the tiniest things. Hopefully the British GP will put me in a better mood for Hermanos on Sunday, but I can't promise anything. Also, I haven't had any practice whatsoever, and trying to learn the Glen with one of my mood swings is never a good idea. I'm thinking of others, that's a new feeling...

Race2: feel better the car in race 2 but....... connection lost GRRRR......
too little ours battles Mike:)

Race 1 a bit of battle with Ken but in lap 3 or 4 spin smash a wall and damage front car/wings drive until end of race with a bit of problem car understeer little bit :D.

congratulation Podium and all finisher

Thanks RD for event

Thanks Valerio was surprised at the lap times race one had um emergiency pit stop due to over steering out the corner putting me in that direction, was great with fresh rubber being able to catch everyone.

Race 2 awesome, had by secret weapon out, lost it comming out a corner tried to save it however causing some casualities as two cars behind me kissed my car causing them join my crash.
Hope i did not spoil there race.
Was a great evening
Thanks RD
Valerio next week same thing.

After a busy afternoon/early evening, i made a late call to join the porsches tonight as it was on a familar circuit with a good crowd. I forgot how enjoyable these cars can be to drive, and the racing tonight was muchos fun.

In race 1, after qualifying behind Gary & Wayne, i made an uncharacteristicly flying start, and had a good gap into turn 1. After that i was never headed, but it certainly wasn't easy as i had Kjell, Gary, Wayne and Anders all having a go at trying to catch me, and probably holding each other up too. After Gary spun out, Anders was 3s or so behind, and i managed to increase the gap a little until the last lap, when i backed off as the tyres felt like bars of soap!

With the random grid for race 2, i was expecting more wheel-to-wheel action, and another good start got me to 3rd by turn 1 from 8th on the grid. Very soon it was Wayne, Kjell, myself, Gary & Anders up front, and after following the lead 3 battle for a few laps, while having a nice battle with Anders, Gary overcooks it again and spins in front of us. Kjell gets through while i jink to the other side only to be collected from behind by Anders and into the barriers. Not his fault, just one of those things, but i had to make a pit-stop as i couldn;t steer properly. Had some fun upon exiting the pits- banged in some quick laps to catch the leaders by a few seconds- and even managed to scrape my way back up to 6th by the end. Overall, a quality track and a good crowd = nice night's racing.

Well done Gary on the win, and Anders, Wayne & Kjell on podiums.

'Mon the Geddies!

Thanks Adam/Rd

With no admin around tonight we ran the full 40 minutes of practice - I still don't understand why the session time isn't just set to what is written in the top post. Anyway, 20 minutes always feels too short to me, especially when you haven't the time to run 170 practice laps leading up to what is effectively a drop in an drive race.

Any chance/desire for 30 minute practice sessions in the future?

I think that would mean modifying the track GDB before uploading the track, which may cause problems for other servers running the same track. Something like that should be changeable in the dedicated server though.

I had a feeling Watkins would provide some proper PCC racing and i wasnt let down at all,both races were just excellent close fun,just a bit miffed my race 2 spin messed up the running order and the tight front pack :(.
Massive fun with Anders-Ross-Wayne-Kjell.

Thank you Lee & RD

T'was a shame about your 'slidey moment' in race 2, was looking like a good 4 way fight there, and i think Wayne was catching again as well. One of those things ain;t it?
One thing i really like about this mod is the way the cars look during replays. They bounce, slide, dip & dive just like the real Porsches do. Here's a wee clip from lap 1, race 1 at the penultimate corner to demonstrate:

[video=youtube_share;TQwoHE3FoXM]http://youtu.be/TQwoHE3FoXM[/video]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back