1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Cadwell Park - Friday July 15th 2011

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Adam Eggbeer, Jul 11, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Server name:
    RACEDEPT.COM PORSCHE
    Mod:
    Porsche Carrera Cup GB Series
    Track:
    Cadwell Park

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:20 GMT: Qualification
    19:30 GMT: Warm-up
    19:35 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes - Standing Start)

Server password:
    click here
    Racing rules: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]225[/signuplist]

2. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Love Cadwell!

3. Maybe I'll be there but not sure ;)

4. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

After Steve's post on the F1 92 thread I get the impression that I'm not wanted so I may as well just give up. I might be there but it's unlikely.

5. That's not true Kyle, and don't give up racing. All you need to do is settle down a bit and concentrate on logging laps. Every lap doesn't have to be your fastest. Look at me. I'm not the fastest one out there but I'm consistent.

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I never said it was, it was simply the impression I got. However, I do have a reputation for taking things the wrong way...
    Anyway, during August I should be a bit better in terms of consistency as I will have more time to practice (school holiday and no GCSEs to worry about), and I may be a bit faster as well.

7. Have not offically signed up yet as I have never driven these cars or been on this track. I download both today to get some practice in and man these cars bounce around and slide like nobody's business. I love the track,but, I am having a hard time getting to grips with the Porsche though.

I feel like I am on the edge of spinning all the time. Maybe it's my wheel setting because even when I am going straight it feels unstable. Is this how the cars are supposed to feel or should I just try and adjust my wheel settings? Thanks

8. Maybe too much camber or toe in? Over sensitive steering lock?
    They're great cars to drive once you find the knack and a decent set up.

9. I had to turn the steering lock down to around 11 in order to get the car more stable.
    Try without the rear anti roll bar and see if that works better for you.
    The track is rather bumpy, but it has lots of grip, too.

10. Only 2 sign-ups :confused: We are going to need quite a few more for this to run.

11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

There's usually a late flurry of sign-ups for the Porsches so i'm sure it'll be ok. However, this track isn't best suited to the Porsches due to all the bumps so maybe this is why we're not seeing a massive sign-up so far? Just a theory.

12. The server isn't up yet?

13. I've put the server up but we really need more people.

14. I will probably be there but can't sign up yet.
    the track is fantastic by the way,Hermann Tilke should have a look at it :wink:

15. This is the only reason why I am not joining. I really love the track but just can't come to grips with the Porsche there.

16. Sign me in tentatively.

@Kenya, is it only the shaking of the screen, because that can be lowered or is it the driving that you are having problems with?

17. it's the driving. I just feel like I am on the edge of spinning through most of the turns and the car doesn't even feel stable while going straight. I have tried different things setup wise but nothing that made a big enough difference to feel confident in a race.

Edit: I just noticed your suggestion from your prior post,I will go and try it out now. Thanks for the advice.

18. Big difference indeed you need to change is the steering lock. I drive every car with 400/20.
    And i needed to tune down to 400/15 to make it drivable.

19. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Im sign in but......hope I will do more that 3 or 4 laps:)

20. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Sorry chaps - I quit out, didn't have any practice and my base setup just didn't work there, car was all over the place.