Porsche 992 Cup --> Setup ?

Hi there

I find that the new 992 Cup does not brake, no bite and a little soft braking.

Do you have any setups to share for this car or at least a tip for braking.

Thank you all and have a nice day

The brakes are indeed weaker than the GT3 Porsche that races in WEC/IMSA. Cup cars are, by definition, lower tech than full on race vehicles. Gearboxes are simpler, Aero less powerful, but often the engines themselves are more forcefull.(see Lambo Super Trofeo or Ferrari Challenge)

Physically...it is a beautiful car in the simulation.
I personally can't get enough of that distinct exhaust note...brings back lots of memories.
The force feedback though weaker at default settings, offers up all the resolution to 'feel' the car.
Driving in a straight line still feels great but that is where it ends.
The handling is absolutely atrocious on default settings.
The chassis is 'flighty' and non-compliant over curbing and exhibits an overly heavy rear-end tendency...well above any Porsche I have ever driven...and that is too many to count.
The pendulum effect I loved to play with as a young mechanic working on this marque, is unable to be managed at anything above mid to moderate speed.
The RF2 car requires spending lots of time playing with differential and suspension settings right out-of-the-box.
That is something Porsche cars typically require very little of...even basic road-going, cheaper models like the 914-6.
It still boggles my mind where this platform has gone over the years.
Back in 1983 when I was wrenching daily on the cars, I though... heck! we maybe have another 5-7 years tops before they'll need to go to some other design.
I'm still amazed...and happy to be wrong at the design still going strong and getting better with every new release.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back