Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Opinions are fine, when they are clearly presented as an opinion.... in my view. :)
I do though, sometimes get a bit niggled reading post which contain statements which appear to be presented as facts - without any references to support these statements.

Edit: OK the video of the 911 was linked as evidence for the original claim that the car should have lift off oversteer. Apologies for that one.

I'm not a modder, but I do give some of my time to organise club racing. I guess that doesn't really qualify me to speak on this topic, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I have a little mantra that goes something like "It's all too easy to pick holes in something that somebody else did. It's much more difficult to do something well yourself".

Thanks for the mod guys and thanks for all the mods that people make available to people such as myself. Please don't allow other people's unsupported claims reduce your motivation to be creative. Without people like yourselves, we'd all be restricted to default content. I for one, wouldn't like that. :thumbsup:

Edit: Typo corrected.

Last edited:
#1 thousand dollar question statement

Arch (@Kyuubeey) has done more work on the Singer to rework things to be more accurate, thanks to CSP and the physics extension.
We're thinking of updating it soon.
Changes :
- Added Extended Physics features; use CSP 0.1.74 or later!
- New more accurate front strut and rear semi-trailing arm geometry
- Updated aero, engines, suspensions, tires
- Recalculated many things

Which means, CSP will become mandatory to run it.
You can always keep the previous version to play with if you're a CSP resistant (all previous version always available on history)

#2 thousand dollar question

Is there anything we could improve on the visual side ?
Since we're going full CSP...

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
#1 thousand dollar question statement

Arch has done more work on the Singer to rework things to be more accurate, thanks to CSP and the physics extension.
We're thinking of updating it soon.
Changes :
- Added Extended Physics features; use CSP 0.1.74 or later!
- New more accurate front strut and rear semi-trailing arm geometry
- Updated aero, engines, suspensions, tires
- Recalculated many things

Which means, CSP will become mandatory to run it.
You can always keep the previous version to play with if you're a CSP resistant (all previous version always available on history)

#2 thousand dollar question

Is there anything we could improve on the visual side ?
Since we're going full CSP...

Thank you for your attention.
Since you asked, from a VR user's perspective the shifting animation has never been a great match for the gearstick position. The action itself is nice enough and animations can be a PITA so it'd be understandable if you didn't fancy taking this on. Or maybe someone can suggest a different animation from another car that's a better fit? Alternatively the gearstick could be extended and angled back slightly to match the current driver's arm animation... the shifter always looked a little small and short for some reason, although it might be 100% correct for the car. Only you can answer that. :)
The other thing that would enhance the car is refractive lights. Again as a VR user, I'm constantly amazed at how realistic refractive lioghts can look and how they help visual immersion when following a car that has them.

Last edited:
Right now the car is on Pilot Sport PS2's like many of them are, quite low-grip old styled sport tires.

I'm not planning to make the slicks or whatever else has been mounted on the cars, and it's not guaranteed I will, but if someone has a particular need for them I can consider it. Just give an argument for it.

That's not the correct approach.

There's no physics engine in the world that you just input sheet data and it produces most realistic results it could. Even if there was, which there isn't, the data required isn't detailed enough for 99.999% cars. Unless the modder in question is an F1 engineer who runs thousands of laps with the car and has access to all the data.

Secondly, whatever goes under the hood is completely irrelevant in a driving sim. What matters is that the car should act as close as possible to real life version.
Some cars you can find/get more data than others. Certain parts of a sim and car's behavior are easily explained by a few very simple parameters. Other such as the tyres and their simulation are not simple but if you're rich you can actually buy the parameters. Or aero, hard to get.

Using the real parameters and having a simulator that respects them and uses them well is a good way to get close to the handling of a car one is making/replicating.

A lot if not all heavily moded cars such as the Singer are unlikely to be some murderous 70s 911 lift off oversteer and have all that bad suspension geometry and all. They may but I wouldn't buy a Singer then.

Data, validation, iteration and adjustment, it all takes time.

When making a sim/virtual car it does matter to the creators what goes on in the sim and how best to get it to do what it should be doing (it doesn't always do what it should be doing). There are not that many mods where the author has driven, owns or even knows someone who owns and drives the car. This makes the "should act as close as possible to real life version" hard to validate.

Someone please give Arch/developers/creators a ride in a Singer so he/they can validate the behavior. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

I don't see some crazy nasties lift off oversteer in the Laguna video. More of a driver/driving style vs dampers and other car setup or even simply being Laguna and a rear heavy car. One can always adjust quite a bit using the setup.

Last edited:
The geometry is stock, but 964's just do not handle like early 930's. Later 930's don't handle like early 930's. 930's don't handle like 911's. 911's don't handle like 901's.

There is no "911 handling" so I dunno why people generalize it. The biggest factor is the tire and the main reason why the handling changed from generation to generation. Grippier, wider rear tire on every version.

Anyway, the current car is inaccurate due to not using CSP (And I have improved the base a little since then) but the actual handling of the final car can be changed as simply as bolting the stabilizers to different holes. If you don't like how it drives, change those and you can go from understeer to oversteer in steady state. I never did get any data from Singer, so even those are an unknown currently.

I can't get this Singer mod to work, I dragged all three bo_singer folders into my contents/car folder like I did with the Caterham but this one is just not showing up in the Car selection screen for some reason

I can't get this Singer mod to work, I dragged all three bo_singer folders into my contents/car folder like I did with the Caterham but this one is just not showing up in the Car selection screen for some reason
the 7zip archive for the singer have nothing special and should work as any others.

you need to have basic knowledge of folder structure in windows
all 3 folders should go into /content/cars

making the /content/cars/bo_singer for example as below with the .kn5 files etc. :

1635426670371.png

Glad you keep the CSP-Free version still avalible. I do admire Ilya's job but do not want to do CSP/Mods update each time I want to play AC. It's a little bit annoying that some of the mods works with 0.1.68 version only, and the other with 0.1.75 and another with 0.1.73 etc ;)

So I do appreciate vanilla AC mods highly ;)

Last edited:
Glad you keep the CSP-Free version still avalible. I do admire Ilya's job but do not want to do CSP/Mods update each time I want to play AC. It's a little bit annoying that some of the mods works with 0.1.68 version only, and the other with 0.1.75 and another with 0.1.73 etc ;)

So I do appreciate vanilla AC mods highly ;)
FWIW if you use only good mods, they generally all work with whatever is the good version right now. In our case as of 7 Nov. 2021, it's 0.1.74 IMO.

While it'd be nice to not force CSP for compatibility, there is also little reason to do physics dev without CSP seeing as how far ahead of all the other sims it makes AC be. For me the tradeoff makes sense.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.