Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod

Cars Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I agree with Leonardo Ratafia, regarding "...perfect sound and details (other than the "all red wheel hubs")........"
I made a small modification so we can have red locking nuts on the LH side, and blue on the RH side ;) I you're interested.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fgnejo3qyr3cpb/ier_porsche_911_gta.rar?dl=0
out of curiosity (and of course ingorning that you ignored our wished to not modify our stuff) , did you just do it as texture ? or you dupicated wheels/ and created new material with different texture ?

one of the main reason I didn't wanted to do it was to have 2 sets of rim textures with nut color being the only differece , cause its' wasteful

out of curiosity (and of course ingorning that you ignored our wished to not modify our stuff) , did you just do it as texture ? or you dupicated wheels/ and created new material with different texture ?

one of the main reason I didn't wanted to do it was to have 2 sets of rim textures with nut color being the only differece , cause its' wasteful
If in real life the cars have 2 different nuts front and rear or left and right its far from wasteful, well not for me anyways personally, makes a big difference visually and I believe he used the patch to load extra mesh, which is perfectly acceptable, seems odd a team helping create the shaders patch disapproves of people modding there content lol :D:D:p

In the past I've either had both colours on the texture and just move the UVs for left and right.
Or, if you're using a greyscale uncompressed texture you'd have the nut with its own detail anyway, so just make both sides a different material as they are their own objects anyway.

If in real life the cars have 2 different nuts front and rear or left and right its far from wasteful, well not for me anyways personally, makes a big difference visually and I believe he used the patch to load extra mesh, which is perfectly acceptable, seems odd a team helping create the shaders patch disapproves of people modding there content lol :D:D:p
I didn't look at the file , if he used custom shader patch to hide the nuts on right and replace them with his own, that's of course not modifying the content

and wasteful I meant from a point of view to have 2 sets ( normal + blur) somewhat big rim textures if the only difference is a small nut,
that's why if that was needed different solution makes more sense, by either having both nuts on the texture - which there isn't too much room left but could be done, or as Gary says have them grayscale on the texture and use detail texture for the color

since I need to update Kn5 file at some point with the fix I made, I might give the nuts a second look

I can keep improving this forever, so many things can be added , like wet tyre texture for example, but I have lot of other projects which could use my time , that's why I'm little hesitant to keep working on this

attention to the smallest details is great,it's what separates the greates of modders from the rest ( like Gary, Meco etc.)

I didn't look at the file , if he used custom shader patch to hide the nuts on right and replace them with his own, that's of course not modifying the content

and wasteful I meant from a point of view to have 2 sets ( normal + blur) somewhat big rim textures if the only difference is a small nut,
that's why if that was needed different solution makes more sense, by either having both nuts on the texture - which there isn't too much room left but could be done, or as Gary says have them grayscale on the texture and use detail texture for the color

since I need to update Kn5 file at some point with the fix I made, I might give the nuts a second look
Yeah not complaining about the guy modding the stuff, was the the wasteful comment that cooked my bun,
I see so many cars and mods which miss these types of details, actually I almost missed them as well on our 2019 Hybrid was Gary who pointed them out on the F1 cars,

I do feel strongly its not wasteful though adds so much to the content,
what I did with our Hybrid because our rims was greyscale also is just UV map the caps to another texture using color I believe a generic texture I used with logos and cameras and such so never effected anything just more work obviously applying the texture in 3ds max to the selected polygons.
either way not a massive detail. :)

which car are you talking about ?
well, more materials more draw calls, even if it's a small texture and not many polygons :)

in my case I think the best is the first method, putting it on the main texture so that it's still the same mesh, same material, same texture and only different UVs

@Patrik Marek I say we make them grey like they were in real life so people get even more upset. Can keep the UV as-is and everything!

tusc-road-atlanta-2015-44-magnus-racing-porsche-911-gt-america-john-potter-andy-lally-robe.jpg

if we make them 2 colors, people will ask for 4 colors ( each having it's own )
but yeah, while the CUP car might have it 2 colors most of the time, GTA ( our car) very likely has them gray most of the time

go figure :)

If it's gray then make it gray. Then we are all happy.
About the sounds I tested a few laps and wasn't so in love with the sound that didn't pay attention to other sounds being lower. Don't care much since personally won't be racing it against other categories. But as papa said , there's not much it can be done unfortunately, or that's what I understood.

About the sounds I tested a few laps and wasn't so in love with the sound that didn't pay attention to other sounds being lower. Don't care much since personally won't be racing it against other categories. But as papa said , there's not much it can be done unfortunately, or that's what I understood.
what's there can't be edited, so the only other option is brand new sounds

Hi guys,
first of all congrats on the release. Thanks a lot for making it and releasing it for free.
Very, very nicely done.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

One small (cosmetic) thingy I've seen is that there is no rain drops on the side windows.
Not very important, just thought I could mention it. :)

ACFAN has posted the sounds he had been working on for this car in the other thread. link

I have xbox pad and braking is a little hard to control, maybe too hard. I didn't notice any braking power settings, is there supposed to be none? Could I just edit the settings in data and include brake power mult, would that work?

Hi guys,
first of all congrats on the release. Thanks a lot for making it and releasing it for free.
Very, very nicely done.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

One small (cosmetic) thingy I've seen is that there is no rain drops on the side windows.
Not very important, just thought I could mention it. :)
yeah, I might have forgotten to do the INT glass for doors, although I though I did, will take a look

It's a shame the way AC handles mirrors. Unfortunately on the 911 GTA and previously on your Primera, having a realistic narrow fov on the center mirror is tied to a smaller crop of the available projected mirror area. This ends up in a much lower usable resolution for a similar 3d mirror surface area when compared to other cars that make use of a wider crop (closer to the virtual mirror).
It's specially noticeable when using default mirror resolution on AC (for potato pcs). Fortunately this can be overcome with higher video settings.

It's a shame the way AC handles mirrors. Unfortunately on the 911 GTA and previously on your Primera, having a realistic narrow fov on the center mirror is tied to a smaller crop of the available projected mirror area. This ends up in a much lower usable resolution for a similar 3d mirror surface area when compared to other cars that make use of a wider crop (closer to the virtual mirror).
It's specially noticeable when using default mirror resolution on AC (for potato pcs). Fortunately this can be overcome with higher video settings.
if you use custom shader patch, there are 3d mirrors available, problem solved :)
yes it's not ideal, but most people in MP don't use mirrors anyway

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events