Porsche 906 @ Piddy - Thu 7th June, 2012

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Porsche 906 (Default car)
Track: Piddy ( download )

----------------------------------- Piddy SH ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 8 laps)
-------------------------- Piddy SAH (Reverse layout)-----------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 8 laps)

Note1: Default Skins Only for Porsche 906 ( Default list ).
Note2: Race 2 uses the reverse layout of the circuit.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Paul M Jones
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Senad Subasic
  5. Jacob Boonstra
  6. Sean Armstrong
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Well after a few laps. It fells like your driving at sea in a rough storm... going over the crest of hills not knowing if id make it .. WoW WoW what a crazy track .. i like it :thumbsup:
@Jack Smith you will be missed but not forgot as we get to see you in a mini :D:rolleyes:

Well now Ive got over the initial learning the track Ive just looked up enough to see the views... very nice scenery...

:D Well i nearly missed it:redface: ... but got there 5 mins before qually... i knew the track id done enough laps .. otherwise i would of been in trouble...
Well i did it i managed both races with the direct shifter, i missed a few gears but i was ok ..id done it with the mini but that doesn't count...
well done all who tackled this track.. i really liked it and it was a good combo with the 906
i messed up the qually right near the end so started from the rear of the pack no probs with a small field:( (this combo deserved more, )
Race 1 was a bit messy at the start with a couple of spins so i slowed it down a bit and set some nice laps with the occasional missed gear:redface:
different lines and different speeds into corners can be deceptive to start with. I am a early breaker and try to and get the speed on the straights .. Knut brakes a bit later and we touch.. we see Jacob driving off into the distance and set off after him..
we touch again i though id left enough room for Knut to go through but there a little rub and im spinning again ...i followed Knut this time and slowly started to see him pull a gap then i missed my gears locked the rear and spun .. trying to hard for the night ..i had done better lap times but it just wasn't felling good so it was a case of make it to the finish.
Race 2 was good fun also but my dreaded gear change cost me so many times as i had the pace to do better .. we had some good battles and the laps quickly rolled by..
Which brought up the topic of a longer race in the future 90 mins with pit stop :thumbsup:
Has any body done any night racing ... any interest ... ive only done it against AI ..:whistling:
All in all a short but fun night well done jacob and Knut ... it hard work with Knut catching every lap .... unlucky for Jacob he nearly got a double ..:(
good fun was had long may it continue :D

Has any body done any night racing ... any interest ... ive only done it against AI ..:whistling:
When I was testing and setting up my old mod I used to drive around Nordschleife at night without headlights. Was so much fun. I don't think that would work for an online race though!

Come to think of it, one of my first races at RD was a night race in the Abarth. I think one of the problems is that it becomes a bit difficult to have close racing, and if you loose the headlights you're in trouble. Could be fun to try one again though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back