Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe

Cars Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe v0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
For the shifting lights on the tyres when rolling: dont forget to add alphas for the tyre NM maps.
tyre NM blur is missing (uses same map as tyre nm)
If possible, can you fix the bleedthrough ground shadow in the front ;-)
The rest is totally perfect...
Love the car!!! Thanx again! :)

Here are just a few small points that could be improved - otherwise I really love this car - we waited a long, long time for a Porsche 356 ;-)

- aspect ratio in door mirror is wrong (objects in mirror are squashed horizontally - too small horizontally / too tall vertically), comment: the center rear view mirror is absolutely perfect, both in geometry and especially in how it draws reflections a little more dim and with a color shade, exactly how real rearview mirrors behave due to reflecting light

- cockpit instruments - I remember @A3DR who made the NFS package of mod cars (Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari Testarossa, Dodge Viper) had a friend made the cockpit instrument textures in special vector graphics to get them realistic and crisp - the way they are now they look somehow low resolution

- the painted car bodies somehow react strange compared to Kunos and other mod cars - I tried to adjust my preview image shader settings to create realistic looking previews and the Porsche 356 reacted always strange (highlights easily blowing, dark colors looking too dark, etc) - maybe you could look into what is different from Kunos cars?

- in car sounds - I commend that you tried to make your own sound mods - this is an art all by and in itself - maybe using the Porsche 718 RSK sounds for now is a better solution (the engines are not the same but are VERY similar, both stemming from the same evolution tree of the quadcam Carrera racing engine)

- the car names are too long in the Assetto Corsa UI - maybe call the car just “Porsche 356A Carrera” and mention the full designation in the description instead - both in the loading screen (cuts into the Porsche logo) and in the timing sheets (too long and cannot be distinguished)

Regarding headlights and suspension settings:
- I REALLY, really like that the headlights are a little dim and also have a distinct yellow look to the, - that is the way headlights were in that time and I rather not have them “modernized” but keep the, historically correct - it is too early now to make adjustments to the dynamic lights shader as the shader is still in very early development and drastic changes happen all the time (like where and how light adjustments are stored for example).

- I love the fact that you have chosen to use the correct historical ride height and suspension setup rather than todays “hotrodded” modern suspensions people usually setup their vintage cars with.
Todays sporty restomods and restored track oriented Porsche cars are usually build with more modern suspension setups and often even are built with modern damper units, stiffer torsion bars and much lower ride heights for improved performance on the track.
This looks cool and performs better but it is not how these cars were setup in the 1950’s and early ‘60s.
Maybe you could build a third variant along the lines of what Rod Emory is building with his hotrod Porsche 356 - a modern restomod with modern suspension, slightly wider tires, ~180hp and perhaps a few styling cues he is using often as shaved bumpers, RSK style louvered hatches ahead of the rear wheels, decklid design and especially the 550 and 718 styled “aero mirrors” ? Maybe a choice of tires with a hotrodded variant would be nice as well.

That would be quite something ;-)

So what is next? A Le Mans 356 SL perhaps or a 904 GTS -oh we absolutely NEED a beautifully done 904 GTS in Assetto Corsa!

Btw, also BIG congrats for the amazing physics and FFB with this car - it truly is magnifiscent and just feels absolutely spot on. It is truly first rate and out of the box just feels perfect - no tweaks or settings needed.

One thing I saw on RSR live timing is that apparently some people use this car with cheat engine nad / cheat tires - there are laptimes at Okayama and Feldbergring which are just impossible.

EDIT:
Two of my all time favorite Jay Leno's Garage videos:

Last edited:
This car feels like a dream. It's the perfect proof that sometimes less horsepower is better. I play with a gamepad, and I often have trouble driving very powerful cars and trying to take the best out of them. I certainly don't have that problem with this car, even without a wheel is a joy to drive and it inspires plenty of confidence. You can always slightly spin out the tail at every corner and it's very easy to recover. The shifting sound it's so satisfying, feels so mechanical and well executed. The interior is great and detailed. My only major complaint is merely aesthetical, the tyres behave a bit weird on replays. I don't know the correct term to describe it, but it's like they constantly get shinier and darker when you're seeing them rolling under sun light.

The paint shop is busy this summer...
All historical liveries (WIP)

SCCA California
__custom_showroom_1534938989.jpg

Liege-Rome-Liege 1959 Robert Buchet
__custom_showroom_1534939031.jpg

Liege-Rome-Liege, Claude Strorez
__custom_showroom_1534908243.jpg

Sebring 1960
__custom_showroom_1534908089.jpg

Targa Florio 1962
__custom_showroom_1534939879.jpg

somebody will tell you what these two indicators are responsible for, red and green (though green here is of a different color)?

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 74
@gray man. It seems the mod leader has left the modding scene a couple of years ago. I haven't heard from him since.
However, I did make a S2 version of the 356A with a 2 liter engine, mid-sixties tires and revamped rear suspension. It's BoP with the Alfa GTA and Lancia Fulvia. I used it in a private league. I could upload it if there's some interest.

@gray man. It seems the mod leader has left the modding scene a couple of years ago. I haven't heard from him since.
However, I did make a S2 version of the 356A with a 2 liter engine, mid-sixties tires and revamped rear suspension. It's BoP with the Alfa GTA and Lancia Fulvia. I used it in a private league. I could upload it if there's some interest.
trust me we would love it look at all the likes you got already

There be some interest. :D

I apologize for not quite on the topic. Can someone from the experts tell me what these two indicators are responsible for on the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder in real life? (they are not active in the game)

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.03 - 00.20.45.94.png
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.03 - 00.20.45.94.png
    730.7 KB · Views: 96
I apologize for not quite on the topic. Can someone from the experts tell me what these two indicators are responsible for on the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder in real life? (they are not active in the game)
The picture below is from an RS 61, but they should not be that different if they are at all.

Top Left = LIMA (LIchtMAschine) = GEN = Generator
Top Right = MAIN = Maintenance (maybe; I'm not certain about that one. Maybe some kind of general engine warning light)
Lower Middle = IND = Indicators

Last edited:
They were all in the original realease of the mod for the "S1" version. ;)
Appreciate you replying thank you, Is the re release still available? The last update here on RD was in July 2018 V0.91 before you posted your screenshots to your skins. I downloaded the file again to take a look and your skins are not there. Is the re release available anywhere else?

I reverse-engineered the KN5 file and returned it to FBX and I tried it. As you pointed out, the number of polygons is increasing.
I do not know the cause. I output the FBX file of 180k polygon with 3dsmax and passed it through kseditor. This is beyond my ability. It seems better to stop posting the number of polygons.
The reason could be this perhaps? The polygons get triangulated for Assetto Corsa, and if the original polygons were not triangular but rather square, this leads to a doubling of the number of surfaces. 280k triangles are fine for LoD level 0 though, nothing to worry about.

@P_Cote Seeing that you were involved in the creation of this mod, do you happen to have permission from Ensyuya to further update it by chance? It has great potential, I think. I'll happily lend a helping hand for the lighting (exterior & dash lights via CSP, reapplying what I learned supporting the WSC60s set) if an update is a possibility. The tire compound probably needs a flatter wear curve (longer lifespan than 150 km) and the fuel consumption is roughly 200% to 250% of where it's supposed to be but that would be an easy fix.

This could be a great little endurance race car.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea