PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
No. Sorry for not answering this the first time, I've set it as a Logitech G29. Finally just won my first race in the GT4's. Previously to getting your setup, I could barely to a lap without loosing the rear.
If you have more headroom on your wheelbase we could scale the strength in the FFB file higher, but if you are at a volume of ~90 and everything is "okay", I would leave it as is. If you are running at a volume of 100 and it's not clipping and the FFB is weak, we should increase the strength in the FFB file. The main idea is, you want to avoid too much clipping as FF details will be lost and your wheelbase will be overly stressed out for long durations. Some clipping shouldn't be noticeable unless you are ultra-sensitive. If you didn't know this already, when you toggle the HUD screen as you drive one of the screens shows you the FFB settings along with graphed real-time forces. The far-right verticle bar graph signifies clipping.

I've attached a pic I grabbed from another forum. I don't think the force strength they list are correct. I believe they are the strength of the force at your wheel position or the angle of the steering, but the diagram serves the purpose for this topic.
cOSlR2R.png

Nice ffb file - the best yet. I installed the 31\10 version. Should I use the mid/dd version or t300 one for TS PC. Also, though PC2 is not Assetto I do like the ffb of assetto but I do like the way PC2 holds grip on the road at the limit and still tries to past it unlike assetto where it can be like a cliff edge and disappears.. Im on 50 tone and 50 volume and am after a tad more feedback is going up in tone the way to go without losing wheel strength. I know there's a thing to all this so just lookjng for advice.

Nice ffb file - the best yet. I installed the 31\10 version. Should I use the mid/dd version or t300 one for TS PC. Also, though PC2 is not Assetto I do like the ffb of assetto but I do like the way PC2 holds grip on the road at the limit and still tries to past it unlike assetto where it can be like a cliff edge and disappears.. Im on 50 tone and 50 volume and am after a tad more feedback is going up in tone the way to go without losing wheel strength. I know there's a thing to all this so just lookjng for advice.
I’d guess your wheelbase is very close to my Fanatec CS V2.5. Use the Mid-DD FFB file. I prefer the FyMz version as this scales those properties uniformly. Try a TONE between 50 an 80, would be my recommended starting point.

Like other sims, the volume strength will vary per car. Unfortunately, at the same time the TONE will will need to be adjusted for center strength, for your taste, and some genre of cars need some adjustment as well. Im back from a short vacation and I am working on things as time permits…. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post.

Since I’ve been back and testing, I seem to leave the FX off. I’m leaning toward a natural un-enhanced feedback.

Thanks for you review and stay tuned.

Last edited:
...Athough PC2 is not Assetto I do like the ffb of assetto but I do like the way PC2 holds grip on the road at the limit and still tries to past it unlike assetto where it can be like a cliff edge and disappears.
When dialed in, AC does feel really good to me. It has been the go-to sim for most racers. It is a difficult game to beat, but PC2's tire model is 2nd to none and is far more advanced compared to AC or even ACC. There are advantages and disadvantages to all these games. While no sim has perfect physics, the closer I get to a balanced FFB in PC2 the more realistic the physics feel. I might be getting very close to the holy grail of FFB, let me explain what I mean about that. To me, the holy grail of FFB in any sim is to feel exactly what the car is doing at all times. No question marks in our minds when we lose it. We know when we are on and off the limit. We can also recover when we go too far over the limit. It also means that when we get into a car, there is no need to adjust anything. Same volume strength nor any other changes to FFB setting for all cars... I hope I'm not speaking too soon about this. I stayed up pretty late testing this. Last night I drove a bunch of different cars in PC2 around Brands Hatch w/o changing a thing to the FFB settings. Each car feels different, yet you know what each car is doing. The LMP2 that I drove felt heavier compared to the other genre of cars and the in-game graphs confirmed this, but it didn't feel unrealistic considering it has downforce, wider, and sticker tires compared to most other cars I drove. With all of this clear driving information my Volume was 40, the TONE setting was at 50 (which is 100% pure unscaled physics engine), and I also had the FX at zero. All driving was done on my new F1-styled rim. The smaller rim really conveys a lot more detail and of course, the forces are stronger because of the leverage disadvantage of a smaller rim.

Here's a list of cars that I recall driving last night (3+ laps each):

LMP2 - Honda
LMP3 - Ginetta (it could have been the track day G57 LMP car)
GTO - Nissan
Caterham Seven
GT3 - Nissan's Godzilla
GT4 - GT86
LMP900 - Toyota
Renault - Formula 3.5
Radical SR3
...one of the Pagani Zonda's (btw- I really do not like most road cars)

I agree with everything you said - the actual motorsport cars feel really good with your ffb file and i compared it to sms immersive and information and yours is far superior whereas sms raw isnt so bad but lacking info' - sticking with yours but I do agree that a few of the road cars in PC2 just feel bad no matter the ffb. Trying to work out to delete them from the game or at least hide them in the UI.

Well, i'm beginning to change my mind a little sbout the road cars - some feel pretty darn good tbh whereas not so much. I'm not using your very latest fffb file but the one before that. When you say you haven't changed any ffb settings you mean on your very latest ffb file?

Last edited:
Well, i'm beginning to change my mind a little sbout the road cars - some feel pretty darn good tbh whereas not so much. I'm not using your very latest fffb file but the one before that. When you say you haven't changed any ffb settings you mean on your very latest ffb file?
Sorry, no I meant the next FFB coming out. Some cars still will need a volume tweak, but I’m convinced that is part of the individual car physics. I noticed that some car MODs are at a different scale. I’m finding some of SMS cars, but the next FFB will be the most balanced yet….

….I’m still trying a few things before I publish it.

Just an update: been trying your latest 31/10 FyMz version for mid/dd and it's better than the one before so far - only tried the formulas but it's an improvement. I also compared your latest FFB file to PC2's informative and good god informative is woeful (uninformative) and your's is sooooo much better.

Last edited:
Hey mate, this feels pretty good....for pC2. My question is, have you worked on AMS2 FFB settings? I'd be interested in what is possible for that title.
As far as I know, Reiza hasn't released a list of available variables like SMS did. In other words, they have a more closed system to let the community modify the FFB. The only file that exists and everyone else is tweaking is made by community enthusiast Kerstin. It's amazing what he has done, but I don't think it is as direct of FFB as what SMS has allowed me to do here on PC2.

Personally, I think AMS2 FFB+ is really decent. I just haven't meshed w/ how they are relaying the information to the wheel, but that is how they are messing w/ the game engine. Plus they keep changing things and sometimes it feels good and other times it doesn't. I think PC2 is better overall, or at least it relates to my taste and wheel better.

Just wanted to say thanks @goonchy for this. I bought pCars2 yesterday and the default FFB felt very weird. Like I was driving a boat. I thought the game was a lost cause, but stuck your custom FFB file in and it was a whole new game. The driving feels on point and predictable. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun in this game now!

Also got crew cheif installed for a decent spotter. Anyone recommend any other must have mods?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks @goonchy for this. I bought pCars2 yesterday and the default FFB felt very weird. Like I was driving a boat. I thought the game was a lost cause, but stuck your custom FFB file in and it was a whole new game. The driving feels on point and predictable. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun in this game now!

Also got crew cheif installed for a decent spotter. Anyone recommend any other must have mods?
I’m glad you discovered my FFB! Btw- since you are new to PC2, older cars in PC2 are great fun as the ABS and TC needs some attention for modern GT cars. Hopefully in the next PC4 game they correct those flaws and more, but it’s still a fantastic sim.

I also made a few SimHub overlays. My Radar and HUD are valuable tools for all sims (works in most). I’m working on an update to the HUD, but the current release is still pretty sweet too, IMHO.

All the best… I’d appreciate a review. Hopefully that helps bring more attention to my FFB and the game.

Pops

little addition for my review; ...and i this is without making any changes to the sliders in-game even, everything still set to their default values from when i installed the title.
Insanely awesome :inlove:

little addition for my review; ...and i this is without making any changes to the sliders in-game even, everything still set to their default values from when i installed the title.
Insanely awesome :inlove:
some sad news, the file doesn't seem to play nice with AMS2 :( it pulls the wheel to the right when i use it; probably a setting i can modify, but haven't dug into that yet. that being said, it really is epic for PC2

some sad news, the file doesn't seem to play nice with AMS2 :( it pulls the wheel to the right when i use it; probably a setting i can modify, but haven't dug into that yet. that being said, it really is epic for PC2
It's not meant for AMS2. AMS2 has a completely different force feedback profile. There's custom files out for AMS2 but quite frankly, default + is really nice.

I'm glad you found and liked my custom FFB for PC2. I have been working on an update. I keep finding new things, but still the current one that you are playing with is very good. The new one will add some needed feel for it's speed sensation on tracks that have poor mesh. I'm also working on the standstill feel of the wheel (may not solve this one), some added force for grip, etc. There are some physics-to-wheel settings that I have been adjusting (I keep going back n forth on this one), think of it as an FFB EQ to our wheelbase. It helps translate what the car is doing to our hands -- as that is all we have to go on. besides visuals and sounds.

To me, AMS2 Default and Default+ are very good FFB. It seems some of the tire and drivetrain physics are still weirder in AMS2 compared to PC2. At times AMS2 has got it nailed down, and then I try a different car in the game, and it seems they don't have it nailed down. The example car that I was driving last night is the Ginetta GT5, PC2 vs AMS2. PC2 seems a lot more realistic. AMS2 is "squirrely". Of course, I am driving my unreleased FFB, but I think the v2021.10.31 would be quite good as well. I decided to drive the GT5 in PC2 and AMS2 after buying the new Mazda MX5 in Race Room (similar lap times on Brands Hatch). PC2 still gets the job done, even after all this time. I sure wish SMS had stuck with the development on PC2 instead of moving on to the next project $o abruptly.

btw- What wheel base are you using?

Last edited:
I'm glad you found and liked my custom FFB for PC2. I have been working on an update. I keep finding new things, but still the current one that you are playing with is very good. The new one will add some needed feel for it's speed sensation on tracks that have poor mesh. I'm also working on the standstill feel of the wheel (may not solve this one), some added force for grip, etc. There are some physics-to-wheel settings that I have been adjusting (I keep going back n forth on this one), think of it as an FFB EQ to our wheelbase. It helps translate what the car is doing to our hands -- as that is all we have to go on. besides visuals and sounds.

To me, AMS2 Default and Default+ are very good FFB. It seems some of the tire and drivetrain physics are still weirder in AMS2 compared to PC2. At times AMS2 has got it nailed down, and then I try a different car in the game, and it seems they don't have it nailed down. The example car that I was driving last night is the Ginetta GT5, PC2 vs AMS2. PC2 seems a lot more realistic. AMS2 is "squirrely". Of course, I am driving my unreleased FFB, but I think the v2021.10.31 would be quite good as well. I decided to drive the GT5 in PC2 and AMS2 after buying the new Mazda MX5 in Race Room (similar lap times on Brands Hatch). PC2 still gets the job done, even after all this time. I sure wish SMS had stuck with the development on PC2 instead of moving on to the next project $o abruptly.

btw- What wheel base are you using?
So i've been using default+ for quite a bit and it is indeed quite decent, i was just so impressed with your released profile that i had to try it on AMS2 :p

I probably should've mentioned this sooner, but i'm using the CSL (GT) DD wheel.

And yeah; PC2 could've used a bit more development; my biggest grip for the whole game is the fact that when you touch or so much as look at a kerb or a patch of grass besides the track, the car tends to go 180. your FFB profile actually helps in making those instances survivable; amazing stuff!

Last edited:
And yeah; PC2 could've used a bit more development; my biggest grip for the whole game is the fact that when you touch or so much as look at a kerb or a patch of grass besides the track, the car tends to go 180. your FFB profile actually helps in making those instances survivable; amazing stuff!
I agree, PC2 did feel off w/ curbing and grass. The physics had been the blame, but it truly wasn't. The FFB was missing a few key components. There's a lot of good things happening under PC2's hood. I haven't pin pointed it exactly, but I do think something is off with PC2's differential. Overall its still a great driving experience w awesome cars, tracks, and graphics. Great over-all w/ how old it is and w/o any further SMS updates.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back