1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointless to get rFactor now?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Herman Hermansen, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hello. I have owned probably every other sim than rFactor and i'm considering getting it, but is it worth it when rFactor 2 so close?
  2. I dont think so, rf2 beta is very close to release.

In any case i recommend you Game Stock Car, look at it like rFactor 1.5
  3. Hmm, ok! Thanks for the answer :)
  4. I don't think it's (ever) too late to get rFactor. With the amount of mods available, with all necessary fixes already supplied. The variety of cars and tracks, and amount of people able to help you instantly with any problems to come into. It will take years for rFactor 2 to have that much variety and support. Just my opinion. ;)
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Yeah good point Gary. Any sim game from the last few years will give you hours and hours of fun. And rfactor has developed into a very stable very good platform, if you get it you will enjoy it for sure, but if you like to have the latest and greatest, then wait a little more.

And when rf2 beta comes out it wont have as much content as rf1 for a while, and probably some bugs will have to be ironed out. So rf1 is still a very good purchase. It just depends on what you are looking for.
  6. It would be a good purchase if it still wasn't 40$, LOL.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wat? U can get it under 20$ ?
  8. Can get it even under 10. :p
  9. Dunno, just going from their website.
  10. I know something who got it for 1p from Ebay
    • Like Like x 4
  11. its worth getting it. coming from iracing i must say i have a blast with the endurance and historx mod.
  12. As it looks now. Get rFactor NOW, we have waited quite some time on rFactor2 to be released and we are still waiting.
  13. there are so many amazing mods for rf1..i'd say get it...with the proper mod you can get some hard core physics that are absolutely worth trying:)...netkar has good physics too ,but i think the whole platform is generaly flawed so overall i go with rf.
  14. Arguably its pointless to get rF2 at the moment.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I have rF2 and I'm unimpressed so far (probably because of the crap FPS).
    Once people start developing content for rF2 (like FSONE 2010) then it will start to become a viable upgrade.
  16. There isn't enough content on rFactor 2 yet with no major mods released and very few cars/tracks in the actual Beta Release.

rFactor is a definate "must-have" sim as there are loads of mods on rFactor that can be downloaded and each mod can be a completely different sim.
  17. Go for it. The sheer number of mods and circuits will keep you busy for a long time. Who care's if it's not 'the latest' - it's still very good and will all be a new experience for you regardless. I've had rF since the week it was released and am in no hurry to get rF2. Fact is I would still end up spending much of my time on rF anyway until some of my favorite mods are updated. Plus I can easily run rF on my current rig at max settings - I'm probably looking at an upgrade to be able to get the most out of rF2 and am just not ready for that financially.
  18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I do not think it's pointless. There is so much nice content available, it can give so much joy, that it's worth the money in my opinion.
  19. Where can I get it for under $10?
  20. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I can't see anywhere selling it cheap at the moment. Cheapest I could find was this @ £14, approx £$20 I think. But it's a new seller, so could be a risky purchase.