Plugin Crewchief

Well, good to know!
Indeed DXVK can be glitchy, very once in a while I get hangs. But benefits far outweigh the issues. It's quite a miracle what that team managed to achieve, one of the smartest implementations I ever seen on github.

Last edited:
Do I absolutely have to make a separate folder copy to use CC with GTR2 (vanilla, not HQ patch)? I like to run the game through Steam and use the steam overlay as well.

Basically I just run Crew Chief and then GTR2, just like any other game?

No you do not absolutely need a separate folder.
We do that because we do not want to use steam.
Kind using the Steam install as a clean copy.
I guess if you want to use it in Steam and want to keep a clean install too you could make copies of the Gtr2 steam install in the steam Common folder.
By calling in something slight different. Like Gtr2_A
Or what every you want to call it. That is how we do with Race 07 installs.
But have not tried as I at all cost would like to avoid using Steam.
In the Anniversary patch you will find a Gtr2.exe digital version that is the same as the Steam version with Ferraris and Porsches activated and Race Random weather activated.
You would want to use that.
Regardless how many mods you add nor not that will always be a Steam install.
The anniversary patch or HQ does not change it to a none steam install unless you install the NoCd Gtr2.exe.

Hi everyone! I got a problem: GTR2 doesn't launch after CrewChief installation. Windows shows the "error 0xc0000005" message. I saw in this thread that @smasha wrote about the similar issue, but I didn't understand how it was solved.

I just followed the instruction: installed CC, downloaded drivers names, soundpacks and personalisation, chose the game and started the app. What could it be?

I'm using the Steam version of GTR2.

P.S. Even after uninstalling CC, GTR2 still doesn't launch with the same error message. Rebooting the computer also doesn't help.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I got a problem: GTR2 doesn't launch after CrewChief installation. Windows shows the "error 0xc0000005" message. I saw in this thread that @smasha wrote about the similar issue, but I didn't understand how it was solved.

I just followed the instruction: installed CC, downloaded drivers names, soundpacks and personalisation, chose the game and started the app. What could it be?

I'm using the Steam version of GTR2.

P.S. Even after uninstalling CC, GTR2 still doesn't launch with the same error message. Rebooting the computer also doesn't help.
what OS? did you rerun gtr2config as manual suggests?

I followed the steps described there (copied GTR2 folder, then copied a copy, then copied the plugin data to copy of a copy), but still no effect, same error.
would be very curious to figure this out. Could you check if your AV blocks any of the CC plugin files?

you did check all the notes in the instructions, like no 1.1 patch, no compat settings, right?

would be very curious to figure this out. Could you check if your AV blocks any of the CC plugin files?

you did check all the notes in the instructions, like no 1.1 patch, no compat settings, right?
Ah, actually, in the manual it's not clarified which one (out of 3) gtr2configs should be launched after all copying. Initially I launched the original one in the Steam folder. Then I launched gtr2config from GTR 2 Drop, and it run as usual. But then I launched GTR2.exe from GTR 2 Drop, and the error was: "Please submit the file 'UserData/Log/Minidump/GTR2_1.10000_manymanynumbers.dmp' along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to SimBin."

Last edited:
Ah, actually, in the manual it's not clarified which one (out of 3) gtr2configs should be launched after all copying. Initially I launched the original one in the Steam folder. Then I launched gtr2config from GTR 2 Drop, and it run as usual. But then I launched GTR2.exe from GTR 2 Drop, and the error was: "Please submit the file 'UserData/Log/Minidump/GTR2_1.10000_manymanynumbers.dmp' along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to SimBin."
no idea then unfortunately. If you figure it out, please let me know.

What is your GPU/CPU BTW?

Last edited:
Ah, actually, in the manual it's not clarified which one (out of 3) gtr2configs should be launched after all copying. I launched the original one in the Steam folder. But then I launched gtr2config from GTR 2 Drop, and it run as usual. But then I launched GTR2.exe from GTR 2 Drop, and the error was: "Please submit the file 'UserData/Log/Minidump/GTR2_1.10000_manymanynumbers.dmp' along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to SimBin.

no idea then unfortunately. If you figure it out, please let me know.

What is your GPU/CPU BTW?
NVIDIA GT740M, Intel Core i5.
Well actually I'm quite tempted to just re-install the game itself, because at this point it seems to be the only reliable way to get it back again.

Last edited:
Well actually I'm quite tempted to just re-install the game itself, because at this point it seems to be the only reliable way to get it back again.
your OS/HW is the one that should work and you sound like you put effort into getting this to work. Because of that I am willing to help you further. If you are comfortable sharing AnyDesk session with me, I can check why it crashes on your PC. PM me for that.

One last thing, I still suspect AV or incomplete plugin install (like, not all files) or not a clean GTR2 drop, meaning other files added to GTR2 before or after plugin install.

Last edited:
You problem are likely that both gtr2config.exe and/ or Gtr2.exe are running on the intel Gpu.
Open Nvidia control panel and make sure both Gtr2.exe and gtr2Config.exe are on performance which means the Nvidia GPU.

One easy way to check are to just have the Nvidia Gpu on all the time. But that will use a lot more power on battery and be more noisy.

You problem are likely that both gtr2config.exe and/ or Gtr2.exe are running on the intel Gpu.
Open Nvidia control panel and make sure both Gtr2.exe and gtr2Config.exe are on performance which means the Nvidia GPU.

One easy way to check are to just have the Nvidia Gpu on all the time. But that will use a lot more power on battery and be more noisy.
No no, I checked this: both gtr2config.exe and gtr2.exe were running on NVIDIA.

your OS/HW is the one that should work and you sound like you put effort into getting this to work. Because of that I am willing to help you further. If you are comfortable sharing AnyDesk session with me, I can check why it crashes on your PC. PM me for that.

One last thing, I still suspect AV or incomplete plugin install (like, not all files) or not a clean GTR2 drop, meaning other files added to GTR2 before or after plugin install.
I quite appreciate your desire to help! But I was just too frustrated to continue investigating the cause of the issue, so yeah, I just reinstalled GTR2, and now it works again.

Mainly, I just wanted to look how CC affects the precision of timing and tyre wear. On simhub overlays, the gap to opponents seems to increase way too much on straights, and tyres are always 100% fresh. So I wanted to look if CC could fix it, since a lot of simracing enthusiasts wrote that it's a literally gamechanging instrument in terms of telemetry, driving experience, etc. I'm pretty sure it really is! But I just thought that the profit of further investigation is not guaranteed, while tireness and frustration is what I'll get in case of failure.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll give CC a try in the future – but, most likely, not in GTR2.

I quite appreciate your desire to help! But I was just too frustrated to continue investigating the cause of the issue, so yeah, I just reinstalled GTR2, and now it works again.

Mainly, I just wanted to look how CC affects the precision of timing and tyre wear. On simhub overlays, the gap to opponents seems to increase way too much on straights, and tyres are always 100% fresh. So I wanted to look if CC could fix it, since a lot of simracing enthusiasts wrote that it's a literally gamechanging instrument in terms of telemetry, driving experience, etc. I'm pretty sure it really is! But I just thought that the profit of further investigation is not guaranteed, while tireness and frustration is what I'll get in case of failure.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll give CC a try in the future – but, most likely, not in GTR2.
rF1 API, which SimHub uses to track tire wear, is broken in GTR2. Tire and some suspension info is missing, result is always 100% tire life (possibly something else too, I'll fix it as I discover issues). My plugin fixes that, but for some interesting reason it does not work on your system. Although given how invasive plugin became, I am not surprised that it does not work on some systems. Hopefully in the future someone with this issue will help me figuring it out for good, as I do not like crashes in my code.

Enjoy your racing!

Last edited:
Hello, i have question. Does crew chief give me some kind of the disadvantage in online racing?(i mean physics stuff). Its fine it has all these amazing featuers for SP but is it also in multiplayer and may actually affect gameplay there?

Last edited:
Hello, i have question. Does crew chief give me some kind of the disadvantage in online racing?(i mean physics stuff). Its fine it has all these amazing featuers for SP but is it also in multiplayer and may actually affect gameplay there?
The focus of plugin is offline racing. Many features don't work online at all. Plugin does not change things in online, intentionally. But I do not know if there are no side effects, there could be unintentional effects (remember, it's a pile of hacks, and anything is possible. Once there was a situation when Enhanced Motec would crash online, I fixed it by disabling visual enhancements in online sessions). Also, it is possible that Steam and CD versions are slightly different in terms of physics, so not only CC plugin, choice of .exe might have impact - I'd say it is important for everyone to use the same .exe. And of course, you would be at disadvantage or advantage, unless you and your opponents use same CC tire and gearbox settings.

That said, it is possible to turn most features off. So if you race Steam to Steam, and you disable all Enhancements, my guess it should not impact online experience. And most visible fixes, like z-fighting and backfires should not cause any harm.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies