Pit Stop startegy window not showing.

I think it shows up all the time, just have to keep scrolling right until you see it. Then when you're on track hit the d-pad to bring up the quick menu and select your strategy or make adjustments to your strategy.

I had recently the same problem ....
Sometimes I'm using keyboard controller and CTRL-C to let the car drive without me needed for some controls while preparing a future server.
When I left game I forgot to select my own wheel beforehand.
Coming back the next time ... I immediately noticed the car I already used for this test .... had no pitstop tab in the setup menu ... while I was sure I already had a pitstop preselection made .... but no pitstop tab in the setup menu. ( and same for all cars )

Now ... I don't know precisely any longer which solution I found ... but it's one of these:
- once wheel controller selected ... I left the game and restarted it ( not sure of this one )
- or likely more this one: verify game cache file integrity of AC in Steam

Try the latest solution, it's the most reliable and efficient solution. ;)

I had recently the same problem ....
Sometimes I'm using keyboard controller and CTRL-C to let the car drive without me needed for some controls while preparing a future server.
When I left game I forgot to select my own wheel beforehand.
Coming back the next time ... I immediately noticed the car I already used for this test .... had no pitstop tab in the setup menu ... while I was sure I already had a pitstop preselection made .... but no pitstop tab in the setup menu. ( and same for all cars )

Now ... I don't know precisely any longer which solution I found ... but it's one of these:
- once wheel controller selected ... I left the game and restarted it ( not sure of this one )
- or likely more this one: verify game cache file integrity of AC in Steam

Try the latest solution, it's the most reliable and efficient solution. ;)
Hey it worked, thanks Jempy. I've been track editing a lot of late so I temporarily switched to keyboard control while I edit. Switching back to wheel fixed the problem.

Finally thinking about it... it's rather logical ... as with the keyboard, using the arrows for left-right directions ... the previous pitstop system is used, so .... no pitstop preselections possible ... and of course no Pitstop Tab in the setup menu. ;)

So now ... we have the cause, the reason and the solution. :geek::laugh:

Well, I play the game on keyboard (I don't have a wheel yet) and I simply don't have the Pit Stop Strategy tab on the car setup page...

So, that means I can NOT have pit stop strategies before and/or during the races, just because I play the game on keyboard?!..
=/

Yes, because the pit stop strategy window during a race needs to be operated with the keyboard, which is not possible when you use the same keys to drive.

But that's the point..
I'm NOT using the arrow keys to drive.
I assigned different keys to drive the car (meaning the arrow keys are now 'free' to be used to activate/navigate the pit menu).

And even IF I was using the game default keys to drive the car (arrow keys), it's just stupid from Kunos to assign the same keys (by default) to two different functions (drive the car and operate the pit menu, at the same time).

So, the least Kunos should do is to give the players the option to assign other keys to activate/navigate the pit menu (on track) - also, it's also stupid that once you set your controller to keyboard, the Pit Stop Strategy tab doesn't even appear on the setup page - meaning you can't even program a strategy before the race - just dumb, in a way or the other.

I'd rather believe it's just a glitch (or mistake from Kunos) and that they will fix it sometime soon - otherwise people on keyboard (I know they're a minority and etc, but they...) are being obviously prejudiced and that just sucks...

To fix the bug of the Pitstop app/ui doesn't shows in the pits:
-first go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg"
(or go to local files instead if you have it on a different location)
-Right click on the "pitstop" file and open whit the notebook app
-Next change "OBJECT_POS_Y=" to 10 if it is set to 0 or/and "AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=" to 1 if is set to 0
this worked for me and i hope

Attachments

• imagen_2023-08-09_123952771.png
    imagen_2023-08-09_123952771.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 73
  • imagen_2023-08-09_124050742.png
    imagen_2023-08-09_124050742.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 71
  • imagen_2023-08-09_124140386.png
    imagen_2023-08-09_124140386.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 72
To fix the bug of the Pitstop app/ui doesn't shows in the pits:
-first go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg"
(or go to local files instead if you have it on a different location)
-Right click on the "pitstop" file and open whit the notebook app
-Next change "OBJECT_POS_Y=" to 10 if it is set to 0 or/and "AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=" to 1 if is set to 0
this worked for me and i hope
Man, I don't know how you found that solution, but it works. That's for sure the solution that hundreds of simracers has been looking for - and so did I.

So guys, now you officially CAN pit in Asseto Corsa WITHOUT A WHEEL. You still can't make a pit strategy in advance (I still haven't found any solid solution for a missing pitstop tab in the garage), but at least you can make a pit stop, stop by your mechanic and confirm all the parameters.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.