Pit stop question

Hi
When playing AC, I usually have 20-minute races against AI. I set the ai strength so that I can just about/almost win if I drive at my very best - this depends on no one pitting at all in the race (or, it could be, everyone including me having to pit once during the race).

On one or two mod tracks (maybe more) some of the AI sometimes pit - this messes up my properly balanced AI race.

This happened recently with Albert Park: I was racing against a variety of GT3 cars and all of the nIssan GT3 cars pitted once, no one else.

Is there a way to stop any of the AI pitting? Or setting up a race where everyone has to pit once?

As much as I know, AI only goes to pit to re-fuel. So if you put fuel slider off, AI won´t go to pit.

Another way, this is more difficult because default AI setup (usually no full fuel), you can change the fuel consumption in
assettocorsa\cfg\templates and change Fuel rate, e.g. in pro file. 1 is x1, 2 is x2, 5 is x5, etc. etc. and AI will go often to pit.

As much as I know, AI only goes to pit to re-fuel. So if you put fuel slider off, AI won´t go to pit.

Another way, this is more difficult because default AI setup (usually no full fuel), you can change the fuel con

Mod tracks need their lap distance recorded in a fixed format or else the AI can't predict how much fuel to use. The 'length' in ui_track.json should be a distance in metres, nothing else.

Thanks for your replies.

I have the fuel consumption slider off, in fact.

Anyway, I went in to the ui_track.json and it seems the length isn't expressed properly (it's written: "length": "5.027m"). So I'll change that to 5027m and see if that helps.

Mod tracks need their lap distance recorded in a fixed format or else the AI can't predict how much fuel to use. The 'length' in ui_track.json should be a distance in metres, nothing else.
I changed the ui_track json, as you suggested, and put it in metres. Just ran a race with AI at Albert Park and the Nissan GTRs all pitted still.

Any other ideas?

AI might pit for damage (I think). Why only the Nissans... makes no sense. What does the replay tell you about those cars?
I haven't looked at the replay that closely. And I have had damage turned off for these races anyway.

Also, I've remembered that the other track where I have this pitting problem is Mountain Peak. And I haven't raced GT3 cars there yet. So I don't think it's just a problem with the Nissan GT3 cars - it just appeared to be in the Albert Park races (on several occasions though).

This is puzzling

Jempy

Premium
Easy for an online race .... but IMO impossible for a offline race with AI.
The obligatory pitstop online is a setting in minutes in the server_cfg.ini .... and all races offline are in number of laps only.

If I'm wrong, correct me ... but I'm nearly sure it cannot offline.

I tried to practice the 1 hour SRS GT3 races at Monza (200% fuel, 170% tires), the first AI pit after just 4 laps, some make it to 8, by lap 10-12 all of them have pitted, as I drive my mediums down to 60% and pit at lap 16 earliest - kinda win every race this way...not so clever AI, can we make them cleverer?

Last edited:
Since I just asked this question last week, I was told it only happens in Quick races. If you do a full weekend it doesn't happen.
So If you do a full weekend and then do a quick race for the same length, does the AI "remember" not to pit for fuel ?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000