Pikes Peak International Hill Climb: Loeb at Work

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
[youtube]
The second oldest car race in the United States will be held in two weeks time and a world famous contestant has already been flying up the mountain range in Colorado.

Enjoy nine-time World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb in his Peugeot 208 T1. The French hot-hatch produces a stunning 875bhp from its 3.2-liter, bi-turbo V6 engine.

Alléz Seb!
View the Post on the Blog

At the last few runnings of the Bulahdelah Hill Climbs we've had a few ex-Australian F3 cars turn up & those things BLITZ!
Im surprised no-one is doing the same at PP...
Or if they are, that we haven't heard more about them...
But then there wouldn't be any huge factory support like a manufacturer can put behind them, including promo's like Peugeot is doing with Loeb...

Pic of the Peugeot's engine!

7962_10151649744982210_856249514_n.jpg

Hoping some good spectator footage of his run shows up. Was watching redbull's stream earlier and it was bad. Don't know if they changed up the coverage for later classes, but when I was watching it was 2 guys at a desk that seemed like they just found out this morning they'd be casting. And one guy at the finish area that needed to check his clipboard to make sure they were in Colorado.

Hardly surprising that Loeb won unlimited with the amount of money that was poured in by Redbull & Peugeot....
What surprises me is that if Loeb is such an expert in the dirt, after all WRC IS his background, then why wait until Pikes Peak was entirely sealed before hitting the slopes, surely he should've proved his mettle before the beast was tamed?
Pikes in my mind is like Bathurst, changed & will never be the same again now...:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back