F1 2011 Physics different in Qualifying?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
So I am playing and seem to burn up the track in qualifying, the car sticks, I hit my marks and am qualifying a full second ahead of second place, get to the race situation and find that I am having to hold off throttle for way longer, not carry the speed through the corners and generally take corners like there is a patch of ice at the apex, I dont understand how I can blow everyone's doors off in qualifying and barely hold people off during the race, I understand the weight differece due to fuel, and that I am running on tires that may not be warmed or in the best shape, but even toward the end of the race, when I am on warmed up options and a low fuel load I still cannot run the car to the edge that I can in qualifying, I guess it could just be pressure, but the car feels like a different machine completely. Am I the only one to experience this?

Ummmm, I am slightly ashamed to admit, I grabbed the car editor, upped my grip just enough so I didnt feel as though I was inline skating on marbles. I also have been messing with new toys

img0342we.jpg

I did however mess with the camber/toe and take the advice given here and it did help quite a bit

In my defense however, I made the change to all the cars, not just mine
well done for admitting it.
But you wont learn setup that way!:)
I had my sepang setup all written down to compare and contrast with you.
You really need to beware of so called "setups" that just consist of Maxing camber, springs, ARBs and extreme toe settings. A lot else goes on.
TT setups are not GP setups.
I have just done a Wet Malaysia (Sepang) and got 31 race laps on wet tyres after switching from inters at lap 11/42.

PS is that a smart phone with wheel app? Clever.

I agree, changing the game was not a decision I came to lightly, not only does it take away from some of the fun in setups(though they still apply because all the cars have been modified the same) it also causes me to develop less skill, using a crutch so to speak, but, that being said, I finally found a balance I am pleased with, I still find it much easier to qualify, but I just had a raced that was the most fun I have had so far, full on battles and position changes, but I never felt like I was barely holding on to the car. I changed the grip across the board to 1.15, downloaded an AI mod, and put the skill level on legend. Race was so close I actually had that little burst of adrenaline on the last lap when I made the pass for first, truly at this point that is all I am looking for, at this point I am a single, parent, so my dreams of online stardom are on hold there is no way I would be able to play a full race online without having to step away on a regular basis to open a juice, put a lightsaber back in an action figures hand or get past a hard part on lego star wars for my son

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back