• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars Physics and Sound Update for VS McLaren MP4-13 2017-10-31

Respectful update to bring the old lady up to date

1. ears

ears
    flying bollards Assetto Corsa F1 mod revival Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    ears submitted a new resource:

Physics and Sound Update for VS McLaren MP4-13 - Respectful update to bring the old lady up to date

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,126
    :confused::thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. grayefc

grayefc

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, any plans to update the tyres to model 10?

4. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215
    This update includes tyre model 10.

5. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +83
    nice work gonna update more Virtua Simulazioni older cars?

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215

7. Peter Kerényi

Peter Kerényi

Ratings:
    +133
    I really like your project, what you aim to accomplish. Unfortunately there are many mods losing support after the initial release, for some reason. Good luck with it!

Some feedback: Creating Kunos-like preview in the Content Manager doesn't work, the car is placed way left. This issue comes with the original release and it's the same after applying your update.

Capture.PNG

8. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,419
    This belongs to Misc folder. Not here!
    Or to Skins and/or Sounds separately.

9. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215
    I've asked for this to be deleted.

It was never my intention to offend.

10. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215

11. SunBro

SunBro

Ratings:
    +120
    Original modders should just release updates on their own areas if don't they want to get butthurt about other good people updating their once "state of the art" legendary mods. This is what happens when you release a godlike mod. People want to see it work on their game. If you don't do it, someone else will for you. See it as stealing or whatever. I can't believe i'm saying this but neverkrash's attitude is what made me change my years of stance against altering original mod files... From now on, my stance is: "if the original modders have an internal struggle, if they are too political, take matters into your own hands and give back to the community".

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215
    Thanks, but let's not take this too seriously.

It was just a little update for a car for a racing game. That car was good, but it didn't work any more. It was just a little update to make that car work again, because that car was good, and I thought it was a shame that that car didn't work any more.

There are all kinds of reasons why these things happen - it's frustrating that the game changes so that mods that are relevant when released become incompatible down the line. This must frustrate the people who release them. These are done by people in their spare time, they're not supposed to come with maintenance agreements.

I'm not looking for a fight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +83
    good effort but the sound is a bit of don't know what it is but just does not sound right

14. David Dominguez

David Dominguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,561
    Did you ask for permission to anyone from Virtua Simulazioni or to people involved in the creation of the car?

Personally I don't mind if someone wants to update the physics (I can only speak about this since it's my area), but was never asked.

15. NeverKrash

NeverKrash
    CTDP, URD, RSS, ORC, VS, Pro Sound Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Hi @ears,

Responding to your review comment. I do have the original project including the updated and unreleased sounds which have been awaiting a realistic and well-informed physics update from the VS team for about 18 months which I hope they can make, but are yet to do so. I wouldn't be open to providing the files yet as I have always been open to providing this sound update myself.

I think a more effective approach would be to contact the team directly and see if you can assist them.

As David mentioned already, we'd like to have been asked for permissions to make updates to existing work. I want to continue having ownership of how my work is distributed in public, including how it should be portrayed so that it properly represents all the months of effort that went into it.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Shap

Shap

Ratings:
    +41
    What has this to do with your provided update?

17. ears

ears

Ratings:
    +215
    @NeverKrash's comments - or perhaps more accurately what I was writing in reply - made me think that the audio I'd produced was a bad cover version of his. That made me think of that song, and the lyrics kind of fit, and made me laugh, so I posted a link.

• Like Like x 2
  18. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +13
    I for one am glad you have taken the trouble to update. I hope you can also update Ferrari F300.

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,126
    Id rather that didnt happen, the whole issue with the ferraris was a massive headache that id rather not get back into and id certainly not want another modder to get into trouble because of it.

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +349
    Or any one, for personal use, can just use CM and update any mod they want on their own, including the preview, tires, sound, etc.. as for the physic, opening a .ACD files takes less then 30 seconds.
    As far as modifying and offering to the public a modification made to someone else mod without having discussed it with the creator and obtain a permission, it does not feel right and could become ugly very fast, as anyone can do it.
    I have no doubt this was done with the best intent, but it is still not right, at least not here, Facebook would be a more appropriate site.

• Agree Agree x 1