[PHYSICS] 1966 Jaguar XJ13 (S0 & S1) data + CSP extension & color pack

Cars [PHYSICS] 1966 Jaguar XJ13 (S0 & S1) data + CSP extension & color pack 1.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

[PHYSICS] 1966 Jaguar XJ13 (S0 & S1) data + CSP extension & color pack - Physics, lighting and skins update for the world's sexiest car.

ELyeu2b.jpg

Credits:
@aphidgod - physics, paint
@AlleyViper - CSP extension file & bug fixes
@mantasisg - original 3d model
@iRacer5 - original sound design

It's time this car got an update for modern AC. I've learned some new tricks since 2017 plus obviously CSP is a thing now and the autoguessing was causing a few issues with the old girl... so with AlleyViper's...

Read more about this resource...

For anyone running vanilla AC:

- On the jaguar_xj13\skins\00_british_racing_green folder please rename "9LIGHTS_NORMALMAP_alt.dds" to "9LIGHTS_NORMALMAP.dds". No action is required for other liveries.
This file is required (only) on the late model to be present on skin folders for rear lights to work without csp, to sort an alpha issue. So, take care to include it on your own liveries too.

Thanks, and sorry for this mishap!

Last edited:
I downloaded the car and deleted the files you said to delete, I then installed the files from this download. Everything seems to work, but I have a question about the "Data" file. There is not a "Data" file replacement, only a "data.acd"
Do I delete the original "Data" file and replace it with the new "data.acd"?
I kept the old Data file and added the data.acd file to it. Is this correct?
I manually installed everything. As I said, everything seems to work but I have no way of knowing if I am missing something.
Thanks

Yes, you delete the old \data folders, and just leave the new data.acd files on the root of each car folder. Just as prepared on this download package.

data.acd files contain the same as a \data folder (and were made from one containing all the individual inis during dev, then packed into an encrypted single file). These single files are also more practical for client validation when racing online.

When both are present, data.acd has priority.

Yes, you delete the old \data folders, and just leave the new data.acd files on the root of each car folder. Just as prepared on this download package.

data.acd files contain the same as a \data folder (and were made from one containing all the individual inis during dev, then packed into a encrypted single file). These single files are also more practical for client validation when racing online.

When both are present, data.acd has priority.
Thank you!

I am very happy you’ve worked on this. It’s one of the best bits of news I’ve had today. Thank you.

I can’t try it out right now though.

I often race this XJ13 against the P330, the GT40 and maybe the Porsche 908. Does your "tune" make the XJ13 any faster or slower?

I think it brings down the overall pace slightly, but I was still within a few seconds @ LAC in both the GT40 and the S1 XJ13 with the Ford just a bit quicker. (Probably as it should be.)

If you need better performance PC-wise on close racing, use the later rebuilt model instead, as it has LODs, and iirc it was the latest made by mantasig with improvements and more accurate shape here and there. But still, diluted in that light ks grid, the early (S1) shouldn't be much of a problem.

Historically, the S1 (which is infact the early build, not an upgrade as "S1" would suggest) should be the contemporary prototype to those ks cars.
But nothing prevents you from adding a restrictor to the "S0" to balance it out. Same for aphidgod's Lola Ford if you wish to include it on the same grid, but it might require ballast too. It hasn't lods, but it's probably under 100 objects.

PS: @aphidgod Maybe for "2.0", the "S1" icon could be changed to "E" (hopefully it doesn't suggest Endurance), "Early " or "'66 " /67, so it doesn't look like an upgrade. :cautious:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a tough one. I'm leaving it as it is for now as that's the way Mantas has arranged it and I'm fine with that. On one hand the S1 is the older, original version and should be the "base model" but on the other hand the car only exists in "S0" form IRL and the S1 is a fantasy of sorts... just depends on how you sort things in your own mind, I think.

Bit of a weird situation where only one unit was ever built, then it was wrecked and rebuilt... so both are correct and true, but they never have existed or will exist concurrently. :laugh:

Last edited:
If you need better performance PC-wise on close racing, use the later rebuilt model instead, as it has LODs, and iirc it was the latest made by mantasig with improvements and more accurate shape here and there. But still, diluted in that light ks grid, the early (S1) shouldn't be much of a problem.

Historically, the S1 (which is infact the early build, not an upgrade as "S1" would suggest) should be the contemporary prototype to those ks cars.
But nothing prevents you from adding a restrictor to the "S0" to balance it out. Same for aphidgod's Lola Ford if you wish to include it on the same grid, but it might require ballast too. It hasn't lods, but it's probably under 100 objects.

PS: @aphidgod Maybe for "2.0", the "S1" icon could be changed to "E" (hopefully it doesn't suggest Endurance), "Early " or "'66 " /67, so it doesn't look like an upgrade. :cautious:
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. I’d love to make a grid including Aphidgod’s Lola. That’s a great idea! Any idea how much ballast/restrictor the Lola and S0 XJ13 would need to balance the grid? I’m just asking for a clue to get me started on some BoP tests.

Yeah, that's a tough one. I'm leaving it as it is for now as that's the way Mantas has arranged it and I'm fine with that. On one hand the S1 is the older, original version and should be the "base model" but on the other hand the car only exists in "S0" form IRL and the S1 is a fantasy of sorts... just depends on how you sort things in your own mind, I think.

Bit of a weird situation where only one unit was ever built, then it was wrecked and rebuilt... so both are correct and true, but they never have existed or will exist concurrently. :laugh:

I can't remember how the original release went, but after the model was completely redone and improved it probably became the "star" download, so it makes all sense to be kept as the base model (having LODs, etc). My comment wasn't so much for the current order, but just the "Stage 1" icon for the "Early", as it could give the idea of enhanced performance for the most distracted (being that both are listed as 66' for the original car). I've removed the spoiler in the post above to comply with the desire to leave things as they were. :)

@Billy Pilgrim Sorry, I haven't done any extensive testing with such grid on regular tracks. For other debug reasons, mainly only other scenario that was limited by the AI's ability to adapt gear ratios.
If I don't remember it wrong (look in the old official forums for a thread where testing was done) the restrictor setting can take up to 33% peak power when maxed, so you could do some math just to cut the S0 a bit to S1 wp levels (or a tad lower), or to tame the (w)P/W of the Lola Ford nearer the other cars with big engines - then tweak further according to the AI's abbility to drive them. I'd only add ballast as a last resort or if the restritor setting is near max, so not to change the car handling too much.

Last edited:
I can't remember how the original release went, but after the model was completely redone and improved it probably became the "star" download, so it makes all sense to be kept as the base model (having LODs, etc). My comment wasn't so much for the current order, but just the "Stage 1" icon for the "Early", as it could give the idea of enhanced performance for the most distracted (being that both are listed as 66' for the original car). I've removed the spoiler in the post above to comply with the desire to leave things as they were. :)

@Billy Pilgrim Sorry, I haven't done any extensive testing with such grid on regular tracks. For other debug reasons, mainly only other scenario that was limited by the AI's ability to adapt gear ratios.
If I don't remember it wrong (look in the old official forums for a thread where testing was done) the restrictor setting can take up to 33% peak power when maxed, so you could do some math just to cut the S0 a bit to S1 wp levels (or a tad lower), or to tame the (w)P/W of the Lola Ford nearer the other cars with big engines - then tweak further according to the AI's abbility to drive them. I'd only add ballast as a last resort or if the restritor setting is near max, so not to change the car handling too much.
Thanks, again, for the tips. I'm going to have a go at BoPing them now (without ballast, I hope). I'll report back in case others want to know.

So I managed to BoP these to make a grid where I drive the XJ-13 S1 or the Ferrari P330 or the Ford GT40 against a grid of: GT40, P330, XJ-13 S0 (as it has LODs), and Lola T70 MkII Spyder (Ford).

So, my BoP:
The GT40 and P330 are untouched (no ballast/restrictor), the XJ-13 needs 100 restrictor and 19 ballast, and the Lola needs 100 restrictor and 383 ballast. Using this BoP, they seem balanced across a variety of tracks that'd be appropriate for these kinds of cars.

I've had the AI level at 96 for these tests. And used qualifying times to judge. I didn't do races.

But... for the Lola, that's a lot of ballast. I guess that's 383 kgs of ballast. That could easily be a family of four or five; it could even be a family of six if the kids are young.

Now, what worries me is how would you fit a family of six in that Lola?

There's just one passenger seat in that car, so you'd have to strap the family on to the hood/bonnet. That, however, seems incredibly dangerous, no? And from the point of view of that family of six, it'd be absolutely terrifying.

That car can do 300km/h!

I don't know if there are any 3D modders who would be able to model that unfortunate, terrified family of six on the Lola's hood. It would be nice, it'd bring a touch of realism to the Lola that has 383 kgs of ballast.

Thanks for sharing your findings :thumbsup:. I suggested the Ford as it was the less powerful, but now I see it even has similar torque to the larger Chevy. I must have remembered the restrictor % vs power cut completely wrong then, for the effect must be much less and more dependent on curves/induction.

It can be hard to tweak AI/balance old cars, as there are many situations where it fails to take advantage of ply bias to keep a higher slip angle out of fast corners and accelerate sooner, while on others it can have godly tc out of tight corners.

The Lola is the right era but the completely wrong kind of car... trying to balance it with that grid was always going to be challenging at best. :laugh:

Unfortunately I have misplaced the original mod I downloaded when it was hosted here on RD.
Does anyone please have a link to share to re-download it again?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.