Cars Peugeot 106 Rallye S2 work in progress - Physics by Arch

looking really good !
i can't stand this process... i learned a lot between the caterham and the singer, but damn... it's always such a pain
and i'll tell you what i think Dan told me about the unwrap, if it rather clean, and that there's no overlapping faces then it's good enough. There aren't magic tools anywhere. You always have to struggle making it more straight and linear. But now that the skinners can paint in photoshop using 3D, those easy tools can be a bit more appreciated, which makes our life a little easier...

-- what stereo said below ^^
thanks for the help mate! sorry for taking too long for answer but Ive been sick, anyway Im back, and car is almost ready :) at least from this visual department phyisics are very advanced too but thats KYUUBEEY department tho XD

This car reminds me of this
View attachment 351888
They are technically not the same car, although suspension wise i'd think they are almost identical. Rallye is more similar to a Saxo VTR (1.6 8V) specially if it used the 1.6 8v (it came with the 1.3 and the 1.6) on the other hand the 106 S16 is the same car (saxo VTS 1.6 16v). I dont know if they had different suspension setup between trims tho.

Anyways awesome car, i had lots of friends with these (rallye, VTR and VTS), reminds of the early 00's.

They are technically not the same car, although suspension wise i'd think they are almost identical. Rallye is more similar to a Saxo VTR (1.6 8V) specially if it used the 1.6 8v (it came with the 1.3 and the 1.6) on the other hand the 106 S16 is the same car (saxo VTS 1.6 16v). I dont know if they had different suspension setup between trims tho.

Anyways awesome car, i had lots of friends with these (rallye, VTR and VTS), reminds of the early 00's.
I looked at part numbers, and what I can find, the torsion bar mainsprings are the same for all the cars, front springs as well. Only torsion bar stabilizer-bars in the front and rear differ between trims (And powersteering vs no PS models), and there are some differences in the front strut (Height and sta-bar connection) and rear axle. Also, the dampers changed a bit for some models in the facelift.

I think the wishbones also changed (Some mentions of Sport wishbones) but the part numbers don't show it. It's possible the Peugeot part number for all wishbones is the same, but the *real* part number is different.

Thanks to some helpers, we managed to acquire measurements for some interior sections. I've been at work remodeling the interior for the past few days. Daniel did a great job overall, it just needs some tweaks which are now possible to be made in a proper way. We don't have enough time or willpower to make it really perfect, but it's coming out quite well.

I think you'll all be very pleased to see the finished result later.

Ironically, this interior modeling is *much* easier than the alloy wheels I've been making. :roflmao:

oooh man, im glad to see people enjoyed by this car! I used to have a 1.1L 60hp, there is a little base of lovers here in France, but as Peugeot didnt use the GTi brand on this car, it made a little flop :/
wow!!!! really excited about this car and thread!! can't wait to drive this little car!! I've a friend who has one IRL, maybe he can let me take some pics for reference if needed. This car is loved all over the world, UK seems to be one of the countries with more fans I guess, also Greece

2020 and still amazing stuff coming for AC!

Thanks for the interest and support. Physics are great currently, and I'll take another look at them after my part of the 3D is done.

I'm still modeling the interior, need to fill a few holes and make some areas prettier/more accurate. Progress slowed down a little due to the circumstances and me burning out a little, but it'll come out in a reasonable time at this pace. I'll probably post some pics at that time.

Don't worry, it's worth the weight; although don't expect perfection either. We're on a schedule here.

shot121.PNG

Some of our progress. The base of the interior mesh is completely from Daniel and I wanted to go over some forms and use a bit of my time and sanity to develop it. As you see there are some holes and missing parts, but they get filled quickly once the landmarks are in place.

Do we have any estimated release date? It looks promising (i owned a 106 rallye for several years :p)
I was supposed to be done two weeks ago, but things happen. However I think myself personally it won't be more than a week at most, then I send it to Daniel to UV map and check. So it will come out in a reasonable time. I could get it done faster but there's a reason I'm redoing the interior.

Physics are essentially done too, no hangup on that currently.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back