1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Perrin LMP1 - potential goldmine of data for modders

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by BanjoMaster, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I'm not a modeller myself, but just thought I'd flag this up for anyone who might be interested:

What this might represent is access to very detailed data on a modern LMP design, for either building this car in particular or taking the general principles and applying to other prototypes.

In fact, reading the Perrinn site, it seems they've already considered and are actively encouraging the car to be built as a 3D model and used in simulation software! I haven't seen anything mentioning when this all goes live, but the site isn't working particularly well on my crappy old work computer...
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Leemstradamus

Mid pack attack!

Nice find, this sounds so awesome for or community and the motor sport community in general. If assetto corsa got a license for this we could do some sick things with the data in our sim world! Very exciting!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

@Leemstradamus the whole point of an open source project is that if you want to reuse the data, you're free to do it as long as you don't sell it ;) Hence it is the job of modders to get it into AC!

And it won't probably be too difficult, with ready 3D CAD data and technical specifications :D Pretty nice find there @BanjoMaster. Let's just hope for the dev tools to come quickly now :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Leemstradamus

Mid pack attack!

I understand what open-source is. I was trying to say (which it looks like I failed at), that Assetto Corsa should try and add it officially. Maybe they could do a dlc and have some of the processes go to the team to get the project going.
  5. Just to bump this one up a bit: There's an absolute sh*tload of information coming out of Perrinn every day. Even with me calling it a goldmine, they're releasing far more information than I ever, ever expected. Seriously, car modders need to take a look at this stuff!

• Like Like x 2