Perfect Pedal

Hi Guys-
I'm new to the forum and have been an avid sim racer for going on close to 10 years. I have a homebuilt cockpit with a G25 set up and race on the PS3.

I wanted to share with you my experience with the Perfect Pedal brake mod for the Logitech G25/G27. This bolt on brake pedal replacement uses hydraulic pressure for resistance and a pressure sensor for input. It's a bit on the pricey side but I've found it to be a great upgrade.

Braking points become more consistent, threshold braking is much easier, stabbing is much more effective. After an evening of playing with my new brake lap times started coming down a lot.

http://www.perfectpedal.com/whispepe.html

Hi Guys-
I'm new to the forum and have been an avid sim racer for going on close to 10 years. I have a homebuilt cockpit with a G25 set up and race on the PS3.

I wanted to share with you my experience with the Perfect Pedal brake mod for the Logitech G25/G27. This bolt on brake pedal replacement uses hydraulic pressure for resistance and a pressure sensor for input. It's a bit on the pricey side but I've found it to be a great upgrade.

Braking points become more consistent, threshold braking is much easier, stabbing is much more effective. After an evening of playing with my new brake lap times started coming down a lot.

http://www.perfectpedal.com/whispepe.html

Very, very interesting.......... I see you have a PS3, I have the exact same setup. Is there any setup or is it just a plug and play like the standard G25???

Oh Sannnnttttaaaaaaaa!

Upvote 0
You have to take the G25's pedal box apart to install the new assembly. It's very straight forward and the directions are clear. I even took the old brake spring and installed it in the clutch to make it a little stiffer. I was going to put the clutch spring in the throttle but did not see an advantage to having a stiffer gas pedal.
Being able to program the brake pedal on the PS3 will be a matter of the game having a function for such. PC simulators, from what I understand have a lot of programmability, so pressure settings can be determined by how much force you want to apply for max braking. Otherwise, it's preset. I haven't found it to be an issue on the PS3. It takes a decent amount of force to lock up the brakes but is not hard at all to accomplish. Feel is very realistic. It takes a few laps to adjust but there is no going back. Accurately dragging or trail-braking is very easy.
The big thing is you really need to lock down your pedal box well because you will push it across the floor for sure. You want absolutely no movement to give you consistent braking. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back