Pedals and hydraulic rods?

Hi all! I want to buy SimJack pedals, but they are available with or without a hydraulic rod option. In fact, all of them Sim Ruit, SimJack and Simsonn have hydraulic rod options. I've read the entire Internet, but no one says anything. I looked at almost everyone on YouTube where these pedals are mentioned, but no one says anything there either. The manufacturer also does not write what they are needed for. If anyone knows, please tell me why they are needed and is it worth overpaying for them? Thank you.

Some pedal sets have hydraulic dampers to achieve a more realistic feel.

Internet wars have been fought if they make sense and change feel or not.

On my Heusinkvelds I feel/like them on Gas and Clutch, not sure on the Brake.
My Brake is stiff with short travel, so the damper has not much "room to work with"

Before you order the chinese plagiats research some more, there has been trouble with the electronics (EMI) and at least the German customs in some cases have refused delivery because the electronics lack certification.

I currently have the SimJack mini pedals. The EMI issues previously mentioned is typically due to the pedal controller not being grounded to the pedals. They provide a yellow wire that you are to mount to the control box, and to one of the pedals. That typically solves about 90% of the complains with SimJack pedals.

According to the SimJack Facebook group, the dampers they offer end up being empty, and offering little actual damping. Since they are a Chinese product, there is the possibility that it could have been a fluke. I've seen people use RC car shocks. With those, you can change the pistons and fluids to adjust the damping to your preferences.

• Deleted member 197115

Experience depends on how good these dampers are.
I have had nothing but regrets ordering them with Fanatec CSP v3, gritty interfering with pedal movement feeling, pedals were much better with them off.
Simtrecs Pro on the other hand has one smooth operator adjustable dampers, really help smoothing things out on gas and clutch, on both, compression and rebound, on brake, as I use stiff/little travel setup, I can only feel it on initial pedal movement, you need pretty soft long pedal travel setup to feel it's there.

Yeah interested to know your impressions. I have on order the Simsonn Pro pedals with 3 x hydraulic dampers. I am hoping they are a stepup from my Fanatec V3's.

Hi all! The text below is Google Translate, so there may be inaccuracies, but I will try to use the simplest text possible, and this will be my personal opinion and nothing more.

Regarding hydraulic rods, I can say the following: if I had ordered pedals without hydraulic rods and tried them somewhere, or ordered them with one, then I would definitely want to order them. They work like another spring, but if the spring is weak at the beginning and the force increases as you press, then the main advantage of hydraulic rods is that their force is uniform throughout the entire range. Also, the hydraulic rods are in a compressed position even in the initial position of the pedal, so there is force already at the very beginning, and not like with a spring, with which there is a noticeable force only at 1/3 of the press. This gives the pedal a feeling of elasticity and monolithic, I didn’t measure the pressure, but it feels like about 10 kg or even more.
I don’t know how long they will last and what their resource is, but if they break, I’ll order more. If anyone is thinking about ordering or not, I would recommend you to order with them.

Last edited:
The translation is good & understandable. Thanks for your impression / opinion and if performing as you say they will be a good investment. I receive my Simsonn pedals with 3 x gas hydraulic dampers next week so I will add my thoughts here as well.

Im thinking of getting the Simsonn pro pedals with 3xhydraulic too. Ive heard that only the Simjack Pro pedals have fake hydraulics. Whereas, Simsonn and Sim Ruit are proper hydraulic rod dampeners

On the German Forum is a thread on the durability and material quality of the SimJack pedals.

People who tried to use them on a regurlar basis reported problems with EMI, split elastomers, failing loadcell mounts and very bad design of the bushings on the levers.

The brass bushings are rotating on an aluminium axle insert (until they seaze and rotate inside the brake lever.)

All this problems are fixable, especially with Heusinkveld upgrade kit.

But, you don´t get a reliable pedal set, you get a project which requires much work to work well. Best example for build quality are the remarks about the hydraulic dampers here.
The chinese plagiators just don´t give a sh.. .

So be aware that this pedals only are a basis for a DIY solution.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.