Pedal set recommendation

Have Thrustmaster F1 T500RS set up and although I like the wheel a lot Im about to throw those dam pedals out the window! 2nd pedal set that has lasted about 6 months with the stupid brake. And I do not race a lot believe me. But have had it with the brake on these.
I cant seem to find all the folks making good pedal sets to go the the T500RS. Im finding sites but hard to tell if there still alive?
Any suggestions on sites that make pedals that will match up or run with the thrustmaster ?

Thanks in advance

I have the T3PA Pro pedals. Been using them since 2015. They are still rock solid!!! I'm using "the brake mod" from here http://www.thebrakemod.com/ with my brake pedal. Absolutely love the setup.
Thanks Dean I have seen that mod before but the brake pedal just wont work period. Its either spiking all over or like now just wont register. I have taken it apart and cleaned all but nothing. And this is the 2nd set that died. Looking for complete new pedal setup.

Upvote 0
Your pedals are still salvagable. First thing to do is get a meter on the pots and check the resistance and how smooth the output increases to see if that's the issue or if it's the controller board. If the pot is at fault it's just a regular off-the-shelf job with a d-shaft, I believe. The value should be stamped on the casing, but it's easy enough to test with the meter. Costs peanuts to replace.

If the controller is at fault, you can replace it with the Leo Bodnar bu0836a board and convert the pedals to USB ones. You'll also get 12-bit resolution instead of 10-bit. (4096 steps instead of 1024). Costs about £25 for that (Or whatever your currency equivalent is). It's a fairly simple mod too. 3 wires off the pots onto an analog input on the board. I'm running a set of modded T3PA's with a hydraulic brake and it's running off that board. Also running an extra input from it to my handbrake as well to run it off of one USB.

Upvote 0
Thanks all ....Going to order the Fanatec 3 pedal CSL set. The price is nice and liked what I have been reading. I never realized they could be stand alone with Thrustmaster. Cant wait to toss these current ones out. Like I said 2 sets nothing but issues since I bought them. Even the wheel has issues from early on but I fixed that. The internal cooling fan crapped out after less than a year but I came up with a fix for that.

Thrustmaster has never impressed me. At least with the gear I have. Thanks again all for the quick reply's.

Upvote 0
I would stay away from the v2/crs-e. not vey reliable. pcbs, loadcell, ... and 1 pcb and one lc is about 60€ inc. had to change almost everything on mine. shipping. csl-e is the way to go.

Upvote 0
John, do you want to sell the pedals?
I have a T300 and the pedals don't include the clutch, so to to have 3 pedals and try to fix them might work for me.

Please let me know, plus postage.

Upvote 0
I have 2 sets with the same problem with that brake and they can for sure be fixed I just dont have the time or patience to deal with it. Give a few days and I'll put a deal together for ya and check postage. PM me an postal address when you can.
John, do you want to sell the pedals?
I have a T300 and the pedals don't include the clutch, so to to have 3 pedals and try to fix them might work for me.

Please let me know, plus postage.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back