rF2 PCC @ Norisring Tuesday 5th August 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
*** I was doing well and I my connection dropped. Before pitstops I was 16 or 17th after the pitstops I was 11th moved up to 9th and was catching the car leading me. To bad this had to happen again. I need to kill my isp...

First lap hit the back of Simon as he was snaking a bit :) suspension, steering knackered had to have wheel steering to left to keep car straight.

Got back to pits and then got stop n go for speeding in pit lane then found out the hard way it seems u dont request pit stop for stop n go so then got DQ for ignoring stop n go, so 6 laps in total a complete disaster and throughly gutted to be honest as i was really looking forward to this grrrrr :(

Damned, internet connection lost in lap 47 :(

In the mid of the race I had some very nice fights with Theo until I started to lose concentration and lost car twice on the brakes. Nice mate that was a fun chasing you :)

• Razvan Pat

Started on 15th position. Had a good start and I was able to maintain the position even though I bent my car a bit in the wreck that happened on the first lap. I was happy that I completed the first lap in one piece and then disaster struck.. I misjudged a corner and crashed the car really hard on the second turn. I barely got to the pits with most of my car into pieces, repaired and filled the tank.

After pitting I had a really tough job to do, I barely managed to save my tires until lap 30 when I pitted again. Both front tires were red.

The second part of the race became very interesting. I learned how to break to preserve my tires and be fast too and I was on the same lap and sector with places 12 and 14 (me 13). After a few nice fights my competition ended up spinning so I remained by myself on 12 where I finished the race.

I would have been happy to finish on 17th after the crash on the first lap, so.. what a race!

We have to do this again! :)

It was a very nice and fair race :thumb: I had a good start and moved up to 4th in first lap. I got close to Steve and could overtake him and spun a corner later :rolleyes: Then had some great laps with Gareth and even went next to each other in and out of the chicane without a single hit !!! and that for 3 laps Great racing there m8 :thumb:
I was still fighting for 5,6,7th place when first pit had to be made ,and went well :amen: I held the 6th place for a long time and for my second pistop i got a drivethru for speeding in pit :cool:, next lap i got another one for the same thing.............MULE !!!
Well finished 9th i think with a lot of fun,:D
Thx guys for a great race ,cu next one :thumb:

• Steve Parker

Great race by all,very fair and clean,i got good start from 10th on grid got it up to 4th by turn 3,after a big shunt in front of me lol,after that was lonely race till the end,where i remained 4th,grats to podium guys:thumb:

Thanks guys good clean race, there was the occasional bump and scrape but on a track like this it goes with the territory, started 12th and finished 11th and had 3 scheduled stops, excellent fun and could have done another 60 laps.:D

First lap hit the back of Simon as he was snaking a bit :) suspension, steering knackered had to have wheel steering to left to keep car straight.

Got back to pits and then got stop n go for speeding in pit lane then found out the hard way it seems u dont request pit stop for stop n go so then got DQ for ignoring stop n go, so 6 laps in total a complete disaster and throughly gutted to be honest as i was really looking forward to this grrrrr :(

Very sorry Grant, got onto the power too early. I think I'd just caught it when I saw you flying towards me in the mirror.

After that incident I had to drive through the pit lane, lap 20 made my pit after managing to catch the pack again. Lap 25 after overtaking Theo the tyres at the chicane got me and had to pit made a decision to try and finish the last 35 laps, so tanked the car with enough fuel, increased the tyre pressures and went out for the long final stint. It worked I managed to finish (tyres would of lasted 3 laps max more) unlucky Theo who went very defensive eventually turning in too early to the chicane where I had smashed earlier. Giving me 4th after being 1 lap down to 6th in 7th.

Good race by all and many thanks to the back markers for moving over in time.

Started 5th and then heading into the chicane on lap 1 James Johnson hit my rear and spun me round. About another 4 cars had a piece of me as I was facing the wrong way so had a bit of damage. James waited for me out of the chicane though so ty for that :thumb:

Unfortunately because of the damage I was about half a second slower per lap so just kept a steady pace and drove it home in 3rd.

Very long race and well done to all who finished :amen:

Good race by all and many thanks to the back markers for moving over in time.

Started 5th and then heading into the chicane on lap 1 James Johnson hit my rear and spun me round. About another 4 cars had a piece of me as I was facing the wrong way so had a bit of damage. James waited for me out of the chicane though so ty for that :thumb:

Unfortunately because of the damage I was about half a second slower per lap so just kept a steady pace and drove it home in 3rd.

Very long race and well done to all who finished :amen:

Sry for that didnt mean to do it :)

PCC Norisring

First it´s a pity that we can´t drive all together. 40 cars on Norisring :rolleyes: must be great. But ok, was impossible.

In Qualify closely behind Kristofer on P3. And not so good start but i hold P3, then fight with Kristofer and after 3 rounds i could catch him.
But then drift and spun in the right - left shicane and again behind Kristofer on P3.
Now i needed time until the first pitstop to overtake Kristofer again.
10 seconds to Niklas, but to the second pitstop --> 10 seconds to Niklas :)

Now the sin of my massage:
A big praise to Hexx . At pitstop two hexx stand closly behind me in pitlane and his pit was earlier done because i come later in the pits.
And he dont crash me, no he go in reverse and wait for a other guy who came into the pits. Then he go behind me back on track.

Mexx Thank You for your intelligent driving :thumb:

After pit make all to come nearlier to Niklas, but it was too low rounds to drive. At the end 3 sec behind Niklas but i comfort me with the fastest lap in race (52.3xx :becky:)

Crongratulations to Niklas, great race without big misstakes :thumb:

Have anyone a screenshot from the result ?

This was great fun!

Q: 4th with pb of 52.9..
R: Ok, as every time I was very excited and maybe a bit too enthusiastic so I missed 2 or 3 corners at the beginning and touched the one or other mate, but luckywise theese Porsches can take a lot so nothing serious happened. Anyway: Sorry!
After calming and concentrating I managed to stay out of trouble. After the 2nd round of pitstops I found at Pos.3 and got it home, though in round 52 I hit the tyres in chicane so hard that Car lost splitter and cover of the car boot. Was 15 sec in front of Theo (later Simon) and praying that would be enough :amen:.
It was so that's my 1st podium with P3 :D

Thx to the orgas for this great event - can't await the 40 Drivers event!

I had a great time! I qualified in 8th position and had a good start. At the first corner I saw a big gap and outbraked almost the entire field, going into 2nd position. Dropped to 3rd shortly after though and I expected to drop further down as I knew I was a bit out of my league LOL! But to my surprise I managed to keep in 3rd and 4th position quite a while. Having great fights along the way! Great driving guys! :thumb:
Near the end I was running in 4th position and I think I was gaining on Jens slowly, but also Simon was behind me driving like a rocket (at that moment I wished I had held you up a bit when you where one lap behind and unlapping me :D). I knew he crashed before in the chicane and I noticed he was being carefull in there now so I decided my only chance to keep in front would be to take some more risk in the chicane... but took a bit too much and crashed into the tires. Managed to take it back into pits and finished in 5th position in the end.
Thanks to all who showed up!!! :thumb:

• Chris Noble

I wish I could have joined you guys as I love Norising and the Porsches, however tuesday is not a good day!

Would it be possible to have the next event at the weekend or not on a tuesday? Monday may be or Friday?

• Grant Daly

WOW Such good racing from what I hear :(

Why the :( face...

Well as some of you know I had put in a lil practice for my first rFactor Race in What is my Fav Motoring Marquee (4Wheel Variety:) ) Stuttgart IMO produces some of the Finest Super Sports Cars in the world with such Pedigree too!!! :cool:
Unfortunately the final Root canal surgery was, you guessed it just Prior, :fear:so When, in Australia I awoke at 3:30am :ranger:to get in and begin Practice ect... Damn Anasthetic :mmph:had gone :target: I just was unable to concetrate :frusty: and put a lap together.. I was having glimmers of my earlier practices but really I knew I would just be a Non event for me and probably more???:croc:

But Hey Andreas, Whew :bolt:what a Hot Lap Mate!!! I mean I thought I did good with a 32:47x in my Prac but man to chop into that even more! Well Done Bud!!! :thumb:

Hey Fellas =)
It was my first race on RaceDepartment and i was loving it. So many skilled and good drivers .... im gonna love this site and cya in many races.
In my profile i said that i was Semi-pro ... lol maby gonna change to beginner...
But this car the pcc it not any of my favorites ... so il be back faster when my favo mod is up.
Great race and grats to podium ....

awesome racing:D:D:D I love these cars!! I wanna thank everybody that took the time to set this race up,keep up the great work guys:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:!! I want(make that NEED) more of these races,even though I suck big time! Great stuff and keep 'm comin':amen::amen::amen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back