rF2 PCC 2007 @ Elkhart Lake - Thursday 12th February 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be able to make it as I am only 34% of the way through the download.

Normally I can download 169MB in about 20 minutes. Tonight it appears to be taking 3 hours to download it via the rFactorcentral link. I tried downloading via the download link on this page but it said I had exceede my download limits for today :(.

If I don't make it - have fun!

Now - if someone could reset my download allowance ;)

finally i've find the server,this was a fantastic race guys!!the porsches are so nice to drive and this track was fun also.

qualy:i haven't hit my best time and only manage a 2'17'77x who gives me the 14th place on the grid.

race:green light,let's go! i have some very nice fights with some people and 6th before my pitstop,when i get back to the track i was 9th and again some clean and nice fights to win some places,after some misstakes i've finished the race at the 9th place...

thanks Simon for this one and please,please,more PCC !!!!

• Jerome Benard

Nice race this night with 7 drivers of the TeamGG :dance2:

Very good feeling with the Porsche :in-love:

nice turnout even better race.
again didnt manage to perform in practice/qualifying. was slow. setup was default heh.
but when that green light turned i somehow woke up lol.
nice battles, at start everyone went past me left and right, luckily not center.
stuck behind Eck for awhile. didnt have the extra speed to make safe overtake so we
battled it out few laps until after slight mistake from him, i got past.
next lap there was some hassle with the front of the field and suddenly im like 2nd.
wutta hell :D
3secs to leader then and somehow i just managed to keep it up with him, even push
and take tenth here and there and he felt the pressure and took a look in local sandtraps :D
and so im leading, oh hell, these pcc events seem to love me :D
ok, to the pits in 12-13 secs lead and couple laps then after all done it. Gary behind me
before and after.
he nipped off tenths here and there towards end, i just took it easy, no risks, 2.12.xxx,
2.12.xxx, 2.12.xxx and so on. that was the key again with these cars to victory.
solid pace, no matter if a bit slower than few.

Cristian Haba's pace on otherhand was out of our planet this time heh. dont know if even
could got close with practicing in advance of the event.

I thought i got a good start from 2nd,but a few others thought different and i was swamped and lost 2 or 3 places,fought back instantly and got a couple back,boy it was a frantic first lap!!!...settled in 3rd and put the magnets on Simon T and then he spun it mid caroussel,i ofcourse chose the wrong side to avoid and had a head on "Smack" and off into that very weird rF gravel,....after an age i got out and away we go again,good fun hassling Eck up towards pit time and i stayed out a lap later and had a blinder in and out lap and ended up in 2nd!!??.
12 Secs back from Toni T is not a promising situation for winning,but i enjoyed stringing some good laps together closing the gap to 6.5secs at the finish.
Really forgot just how good this PCC mod is,been ages since i even fired up rF,so this was needed for me,Many Thanks Simon T and RD

That was ace, great to be back in the company of foo... I mean giants... lol.

From the start, I had a great view of the battle for 2nd, I was 5th. I wasn't part of the fight. So I had a grandstand seat when Simon made a tiny mistake, taking Gary with him (he assured us it wasn't intentional on TS... lol), Patrick almost got collected too.
I was in close combat with Toni. I made the smallest of errors and had to let him go, so as not to take him out too. And thus began my slow but steady decline... lol. I made an error which gave Gary a few seconds, and enough to see him pass with the minimum of fuss. I sped going into pits, so a second visit was required... lol.
I was surprised to be going quick enough, to keep Simon at a steady gap behind me. The occasion obviously went to my head, as I speared into the wall after turn 13b... Just a short trip, from there to the pits, for a third visit.
Now back in 5th, I got to the end.. still on the lead lap, but I could see Tony wasn't too far behind (finishing his race), as I started the final lap..

Grats to Toni, Gary and Patrick (the podium). To Simon, for his 4th and Antoine for his 6th. Thanks to all for yet another great event.

• Antoine Morin

Good qual for me , don't have much time to prac these days ...(work)
i qual 6 or 7 but got a bad first turn and let the racers pass ...going back of the drivers i just tried to finish the race and did some mistakes but i finished it ^^ . Nice track and nice cars here ! Thx everybody and thx RD for the Good Hosting. For me Rfactor has the best online code ....

Haven't had a chance to post about how much I enjoyed this race. The track was great apart from the start finish straight, just where the cars took off. All the practice runs I had done at some point I landed and turned sharp left into wall. So all through the race at that point I had everything crossed just hoping to get over ok. I had a few scares but it was all good.

From my position I could see there were tight battles all over the place and it was a great race from that point of view. I even had a few overtaking manoeuvres myself only to then laugh myself out of a few positions when out braking myself only to end up in the sand traps. Still it was a grear marriage of track and mod. Can’t wait to see what you got planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back