PCC 2007 Camber Question

I recently downloaded the PCC 2007 mod and absolutely love it. I noticed in the setup though that the rear camber was -4.6 degrees. From everything I've ever learnt online, I've been taught that the rear camber should be close to 0. I changed it to -2 degrees ( still more negative than I would normally have it on any other sim/mod) and started sliding all over the place. Is this a quirk in Porsche handling or something? I'm surprised as I thought with the engine being at the back there'd be more rear grip.

Also does anyone know of any Australian leagues that run this mod?

to setup the camber i ussualy aim to a 5-7 celsius degrees between the outer and the inner wall of the tyre, both in fornt and in the rear, in rear wheel drives this ussualy resltus in much less camber in the rear that in the front, thus not affecting the traction as much as higher values would, in front wheel drive cars this results in using more rear camber than front camber.
In the case of the porsche maybe the tyres are designed to work best at those values of camber, and decreasing them can result in loss of rear grip in corner.
i hope this helps :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back