• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

pCARS development cost

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by David Ignjatovic, Apr 11, 2012.

1. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +487
    Do we have an idea of what the total cost of the game is?....if we look at WMD portal, it's at about 2m euro, with what appears to be a goal of approx 4m euro, so at 1million sales at 30euro average, it seems like a winner, unless they're looking for a pub to inject another 10-20m for advertising.....

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,619
    2 million is just a fraction of the costs if you consider this will be a multi-platform title. Multiply it by 10 at least if they really are creating a scratch build game. Significantly lower if they re-use their assets from their previous titles.

I think that their announced upcoming partnership with Company X will secure the development, distribution and marketing costs.

3. Travis

Travis

Ratings:
    +263
    SMS stated they were working off a development budget of 3.75 million Euro before they signed the partnership Bram posted about.

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,619
  5. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +487
    I wonder how much the 800 non premium cars cost......suppose it doesn't matter, I think they knew they'd sell INXS of 7 million units.

6. Peter

Peter
    who cares

Ratings:
    +666
    They are still in negotiations with company X, if it faills it was a nice way to get more money from the members.