1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner of Istanbul Park says Turkish Gp will return in 2017

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Omer Said, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

According to the current owner of Istanbul Park circuit, Vural Ak, The Turkish Grand Prix will return to the calendar in 2017. And it is set to be run in August. He says that they agreed with Bernie Ecclestone and only thing remains are the formal procedures.

The Turkish Gp was dropped when the government cut it's support to hold the event. Ak says he found new investors from various private companies and they can afford the calendar entry cost.

Source: Hürriyet Newspaper

While Ak also made such remarks in 2013, he sounds more confident this time. It is also must be noted that he made the track active and restored in recent years. He invested a tremendous amount of money on the trackside complexes and the track itself. Trackdays are organized weekly and many local series use the track. The venue is not neglected as it was used to be.

Would you be interested in Istanbul Park's return to the calendar?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees very much!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodent

Premium Member

No, it'd be yet another GP to ignore due to politics.
  4. @Omer Said I assume I'll have a place to stay if I want to go to a race? :whistling:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. It is a very nice track I'd welcome a return of it in the calendar.
  6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

As long as it replaces Azerbaijan, and it is not the same weekend as Le Mans.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would like this, but I will believe it when I see it.
  8. I think you are speaking a little bit too soon. We haven't even had race there, how do you judge?
  9. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

I would love to see the Istanbul track back on the calender. :thumbsup:
  10. Sky

Painter of Things Premium Member

one of those rare decent tilke tracks
  11. Can someone tell me how to download F1 2016 with details?
    Mod-edit: what has this to do with the Topic? Asking for a NOT legal way to dl a game that doesnt even exist yet..... Stop it !
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  12. Yeah, sure. Go to downloadF12017.com and press the download button and the far bottom of
    your screen, piece a' cake.