• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Optimal tyres temperature

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marco Boemi, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Marco Boemi

Marco Boemi

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, what is the optimal tyres temperature for WTCC cars? I see the tyres are warmed to 80° so I suppose anything lower is not good but probably it's not the optimal value.

Thanks.

2. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +953
    Between 85/90. :)

3. Koray Can

Koray Can

Ratings:
    +0
    According to the .tyr files the optimum temperature is 90 degrees celcius. Under 90 grip falls off quicker than it does when over 90.

4. Marco Boemi

Marco Boemi

Ratings:
    +1
    And I suppose tyre wear is the opposite (more wear when above 90, less when below), isn't it?

5. Koray Can

Koray Can

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't look like it because there's a single WearRate entry.

The files look like this one if you're wondering what kind of entries there are.

6. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    well, one thing is that tyre wear occurs over time, without moving... If you run omething like MoTeC-Add and while you await for the grid to fill for a race start your tyres start to wear. I have lost 0.7% of my tyes while waiting for the green light....

7. April Dillon

April Dillon

Ratings:
    +976
    Huh really? That's weird... Any idea why?

8. Marco Boemi

Marco Boemi

Ratings:
    +1
    Omg that file contains a lot of secrets :eek: