• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Opening setup files

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by elitedriverm3, May 13, 2008.

1. elitedriverm3

elitedriverm3

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know why when i try to open files like this it sends me to a microsoft windows file search or something??? plz help

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,380
    You should not open the .svm files. Just drop them in the correct folder and load them in the game.

The path where you should drop the .svm setup files is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yoursteamname\race 07\UserData\CarSetups

3. Rocco Uder

Rocco Uder

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

i copied some svm files into my Carsetup folder, but they doesn´t show up ingame, but i don´t know why.

Thx for your help!

PS: Does anyone have a good setup guide?

4. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Ratings:
    +426
    Hi iRocco, did you copied the setup files into the corresponding trackfolder within the carsetups folder?

So for instance: setups for nordschleife go in: UserData\CarSetups\Nordschleife.

Also make sure you selected the correct car ingame....

Hope it helps, Marcel

5. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    ... and if you just want to look at its contents you can use a normal text editor like notepad (although I don't think that this is what you are asking for, might be useful to someone :wink:)

... also note that there might be several similar folders, eg Oscherleben 06 and 07 folders, Nordscheife, Nurbergring and GP versions ...

6. Rick Gough

Rick Gough

Ratings:
    +0
    Its also possible to import setup files into Excel or similar. With a bit of cunning its possible to make useful printouts this way :)

7. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn

Ratings:
    +235
    Hi mate, there are plenty of setup guides available on the net. We have one especially for our racing club members too.

Put the .svm files in the correct track folders btw.

8. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    ... yeah, they are basically flat (text) files, so you could open them with pretty much anything that can read a csv/txt file.

9. Ben Tusting

Ben Tusting

Ratings:
    +133
    How many setup files can you make, because when I try and make a new setup it always overwrites the simbin setup and I don't even click on the simbin setup.

10. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    You don't have to as you can learn from the faster guys on the servers. Better than practicing on your own. :thumb: