Tracks Opel Rennbahn 1920s

Wow sir, the detail on those is something else! I've not been able to load up AC for the last few weeks (better half needed my monitor to work from home) but your update to this is top of my downloads list as soon as I can.

Test with high poly trees.

trees1.jpg

trees2.jpg

Final version of high poly 3D trees, now with some random/more organic structures.
Biggest advantage: There are lights and shadows in the tree itself, changing within a day according to position of sun.
For sure, these trees are not suitable for huge tracks. Fortunately, Opel Rennbahn is very small. So where, if not here?
I used Blender modifier "decimate" to create a version with much lower poly count (50 %) for trees a bit further away.

trees.jpg

trees2.jpg

Final version of high poly 3D trees, now with some random/more organic structures.
Biggest advantage: There are lights and shadows in the tree itself, changing within a day according to position of sun.
For sure, these trees are not suitable for huge tracks. Fortunately, Opel Rennbahn is very small. So where, if not here?
I used Blender modifier "decimate" to create a version with much lower poly count (50 %) for trees a bit further away.

View attachment 479389
View attachment 479390
Those trees are astonishing, haven't seen anyone try this successfully yet in AC

You should absolutely send Opel or bigger Opel museums a mail about this once you're finished

I had a sign "Parkplatz für Motorräder" (motorcycle parking), which is clearly visible in reference images, but no motorcycle yet.
Well, I had some time and here it is: A German motorcycle from 1926/27, a NSU 251R. It has 6K tris and it took me five or six hours to build it. I had to change some things to keep polys "quite" low (I know, 6K is still quite a lot), for example in my 3D model there's only one spring mounted on the front instead of two.
Opel Rennbahn had a lot of races for motorcycles (and for bicycles by the way), so it's a good thing to have them in the model, too.

Screenshots show Blender rendering (cycles) and the motorcycle in game.

blender_render.jpg

in_game_1.jpg

in_game_2.jpg

Right now I'm working on the eastern part of the track scenery with fields, forests and a town.
There are three towns around the track. All of them are about 2 km away, hardly visible from driver's view. Here you can see the first one: Königstädten, as it was in 1930. In the end, the houses in the front will have proper textures.

Screenshot_sunbeam_2l_rennbahn_25-6-121-9-8-46.jpg

Koenigstaedten.jpg

Screenshot_fiat_805_rennbahn_25-6-121-9-53-1.jpg

Screenshot_fiat_805_rennbahn_25-6-121-9-54-50.jpg

Right now I'm working on the eastern part of the track scenery with fields, forests and a town.
There are three towns around the track. All of them are about 2 km away, hardly visible from driver's view. Here you can see the first one: Königstädten, as it was in 1930. In the end, the houses in the front will have proper textures.

View attachment 490701

View attachment 490702

View attachment 490703

View attachment 490704
Loving the updates track will look even better when completed. Any updates on

Dessauer Rennstrecke​

Regards
Mark

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No