Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Nordschleife - Tuesday Aug 31st 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Nordschleife (VLN Layout)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Qualification: 30 min Note: Instead of having 20 minutes of practice and then 10 minutes of qualification, we will have the full 30 minutes dedicated just to qualification. Unlimited laps.
Race: 2 x 2 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.
Note3:On the VLN layout, there's a short cut back to the main S/F straight, just before you leave the GP circuit for the "full" Nords. You can warm your tyres up with a 2 minute lap around the GP circuit, and then go out and do a quali lap on the big feller.

What a total waste of time.

I swear to God, some people would rather screw other people's races for a single place in a Club event than be patient and try to get a pass done safely.

Rather than conceding a place to be safe when they themselves have gone off track, they jump straight back onto the racing line at half the speed of the people following who might not see them.

Rather than backing off if the person in front drops a wheel on the grass and are a little unstable, why not just ram them?

That turned out good in the end.

First race is best left to the archives, atleast I finished. Sorry to Jack, who happened upon me, stood still in the track.
Second race had me battling with Leszek for nearly the whole race, I eventually succumbed, only for Leszek to have a problem coming off the Karussell. Gifting me third.

Grats to the winners, all my silliness race one, has erased whomever got to the podium. Race two, it was definitely Gary and Ralf, grats gents.
The greatest grats have to go to Jack, for sheer perseverance. Jack, you da man.

Thanks to Carlos and RD. Thanks to everyone else too, you all made this month ace. Roll on the next one.

Had a nice evening again after my first disappointment of the NS layout. Guess there's still no more recent version available. So I just put the Watkins setup on lengthened gears and tried to be as smooth and safe as possible. Race 1 Leszek simply gained away like there's no tomorrow, very impressive. After he spun I benefit and realized short after Gary was in 2nd. Haven't he started way back in the grid? So, grats for that mate.
Race 2 was one right at the trunk of the other. 1st lap me in front, 2nd Gary, no mistakes - NO CONTACT - pure satisfaction

Not one of my favourite tracks but just love to drive GTL.

Race 1, went off early, got steering damage so just brought it home. Race 2, a little better & did manage to do a PB. Had fun which is what it's all about.

Thanks Carlos for a fun evening, Grts to Ralf & Lenno on their wins, wd rest of podium and thanks to all the guys that showed up. Hope to see ya on Thursday for what will be and awesome night on Charade 70.

Just fluked a setup that felt great but left it too late to qualify so away from the very back of the grid and just got on with it from the start,i seemed to be allowed to get away with every move i attempted and ended the lap in 2nd place 10secs down on Ralf,i decided i will have a go at this challenge but done a nifty 360deg. spin around not long after leaving the GP circuit,a finish of 2nd place was nice though.

Remembered my Watkins setup for the C Coupe and sorted the gearing and got away good from 2nd place on the grid this time and very much enjoyed sticking on the boot lid of Ralfs car the whole of lap one then took the big draft pass on the big straight,then its my turn to do a lap with Ralf sticking to me all the way,i fully expected the same draft pass to be returned but it never came so i crossed the line in 1st :D.

Well done everyone who finished the races,Nords is quite a unique place where the main opponent is the track itself,not the other competitors.

Many Thanks Carlos/Stu & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back